351Network Port Object

    Jul 16, 2013

      Our development team is looking at the Network Port object and they have requested the ability to mark the object as being a non-BACnet port.

      The Network_Type field allows proprietary values, but there is not a standard one that indicates that the port is in use for a non-BACnet purpose. If we could add in “non-BACnet” as a Network_Type, then it would be clear. And other vendor’s products would be able to tell that the port is in use but not for BACnet and would not represent it as proprietary media BACnet port.

      Carl Neilson, Project Manager

      Delta Controls Inc.

      direct:   +1.604.575.5913

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic