156Re: [bacnet-ip-wg] Review of RL-003-15 (addendum 135-2008aj) [1 Attachment]

  • Dave Robin
    Jan 25, 2011
      Addenda 2008ad, 2008af, and 2008aj have already passed ASHREA and have been submitted to ANSI for approval to start public review on Feb 4, 2011, ending on March 21, 2011.

      Addendum 2008ai (Network Port) was pulled back from ASHRAE after submittal, based on some post-vote internal reviews, and will not go out for public review until we resubmit it (hopefully after Las Vegas).

      I don't want the committee to get in the habit of reviewing things after we've voted them out and submitted them to ASHRAE.  It's really too late at that point, and any errors, however fatal, should be PR comments. We don't want ASHRAE to start thinking that we're sending them half-baked things.

      On Jan 24, 2011, at 6:04 AM, Isler, Bernhard wrote:

      We have reviewed RL-013-5, and found a couple of substantial issues as
      well as editorials. See attachment.

      We want to leave it to the IP-WG (and SSPC) to decide if these should be
      addressed before public review, or others should have a chance to review
      the original RL-003-15 as well. Both approaches are OK for us. For the
      second, we will consider bringing up the issues as public review

      It is not our intent to hold off IPv6 for BACnet with this, but we think
      the solution should be well interoperable, stable and efficient.

      Best Regards,

      Bernhard Isler
      Siemens Switzerland Ltd
      Building Technologies Division
      International Headquarters
      Fire Safety & Security Products

      Gubelstrasse 22
      CH-6301 Zug, Switzerland

      Tel: +41 (41) 724 33 87
      Mob: +41 (79) 561 77 23
      Fax: +41 (41) 723 48 94

      Note: This e-mail may contain confidential information. If you have
      received this e-mail without being the proper recipient, you are hereby
      notified that any review, copying or distribution is strictly
      prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original
      transmittal. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
      author of this e-mail and do not necessarily represent those of Siemens
      Switzerland Ltd, unless otherwise specifically stated.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic