124Internet Protocol Version 6 familiarization

  • rolandlus
    Nov 25 9:18 AM
      This is a list of the main IPv6 RFC documents that describe the core components of IPv6. It was requested that the IP-WG familiarize themselves with IPv6 so that we are equipped to review the next proposal. Coleman Brumbley will be providing an update to the current RL-003-10. RL-003-10 is in the Files section of this Yahoo Group.

      RFC 2460: Internet Protocol, Version 6 (IPv6)
      RFC 4294 : IPv6 Node Requirements
      RFC 4291: IP Version 6 Addressing Architecture
      RFC 4193: Unique Local IPv6 Unicast Addresses
      RFC 3306: Unicast-Prefix-based IPv6 Multicast Addresses
      RFC 3307: Allocation Guidelines for IPv6 Multicast Addresses

      We will be allocated at least two hours in Orlando critically review the BACnet/IPv6 proposal. As the Smart Grid is looking to IPv6, it is important that we move this proposal out to public review ASAP. Please take time before Orlando to study the RFCs and RL-003-10.

      Thanks Roland
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic