Re: Families to backpack with?

  • Sonjia Leyva
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 12, 2004
      Hi all

      I'd be open to a group event. Perhaps we could plan one somewhere
      inbetween the LA and SF area. There are a lot of cool campgrounds in
      that region with backpacking available to those who so desire to do so.

      Sonjia

      =====
      Sonjia Leyva
      http://www.geophile.net

      "Geologists are Scouts who hated to give up camping when they went to college, so they majored in geology." Ellen Sue Blakey
    • thekumeras
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 17, 2004
        And if there's anyone out there interested in the same, but in New York, we're game.

        The Kumeras
      • Emma Eyeball
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 17, 2004
          How many Californians do we have on the list? I think a get-
          together sounds interesting. we can debate whether or not to make
          it a car-camp or a backpacking trip once we know who is interested.

          Anybody who would be interested in a group campout in Central
          California, post to the list and give us your approximate location.
          We can pick out some locations & have a vote on where to go.
        • Joe Martinez
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 17, 2004
            Sounds like fun to me! I'm in northern CA (San Jose), but central CA would
            be a good place, to both northern CA and southern CA can come half way.

            -Joe

            At 06:07 PM 10/17/2004, you wrote:

            >How many Californians do we have on the list? I think a get-
            >together sounds interesting. we can debate whether or not to make
            >it a car-camp or a backpacking trip once we know who is interested.
            >
            >Anybody who would be interested in a group campout in Central
            >California, post to the list and give us your approximate location.
            >We can pick out some locations & have a vote on where to go.
          • chrisjoseph2002
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 18, 2004
              we live in Malibu; we have a two-year old and a newborn. we might be interested in car
              camping, depending on when and where.

              Chris

              --- In backpackingwithchildren@yahoogroups.com, Joe Martinez <joe@j...> wrote:
              > Sounds like fun to me! I'm in northern CA (San Jose), but central CA would
              > be a good place, to both northern CA and southern CA can come half way.
              >
              > -Joe
              >
              > At 06:07 PM 10/17/2004, you wrote:
              >
              > >How many Californians do we have on the list? I think a get-
              > >together sounds interesting. we can debate whether or not to make
              > >it a car-camp or a backpacking trip once we know who is interested.
              > >
              > >Anybody who would be interested in a group campout in Central
              > >California, post to the list and give us your approximate location.
              > >We can pick out some locations & have a vote on where to go.
            • chcoa
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 18, 2004
                I'm not in Cali but Phx is not that far away and a road trip for the
                kids would be fun. Count me as a maybe depending on location. I
                have two dirt squirts so I'd only be up for a car-camping trip.

                Jamie in az

                --- In backpackingwithchildren@yahoogroups.com, "Emma Eyeball"

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 19, 2004
                  We're in San Gabriel (near L.A.). Central CA is fine, but I don't know
                  of too many locations other than on the coast. We'll probably do car
                  camping as the husband is being wussy about taking Julia out
                  backpacking. ;-)

                  Brian Tannahill (from BackpackGear Test) is near San Simeon and may
                  want to tag along, too. I'll check.

                  Sonjia

                  =====
                  Sonjia Leyva
                  http://www.geophile.net

                  "Geologists are Scouts who hated to give up camping when they went to college, so they majored in geology." Ellen Sue Blakey
                • Dave & Jenny Canfield
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 20, 2004
                    We're in SoCal... Lake Hughes, north of Magic Mountain. We have 3 girls,
                    ages 7, 3 & 9 months and they'll all be another year older in January. We'd
                    do car camping.

                    Jenny & Dave
                  • Dave & Jenny Canfield
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 20, 2004
                      We're in SoCal... Lake Hughes, north of Magic Mountain. We have 3 girls,
                      ages 7 yrs, 3 yrs & 9 months and they'll all be another year older in
                      January. We'd
                      do car camping.

                      Jenny & Dave