RE: Backpacking in New Mexico

  • mowglimorgan
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2013
      We found a great trail in San Pedros area.  Super easy, followed the creek so accessible water: Las Vacas Trail.  It's about 1 mile up to the Reservoir (where there is no camping), but just past the reservoir you can camp anywhere, and there is plenty of flat areas along the way.  We went about 2.5-3 miles out.  Not bad for an 8 year old!

      --- In backpackingwithchildren@yahoogroups.com, <backpackingwithchildren@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      We are new to the area and want to take our 8 year old on an overnight backpacking trip. We are also taking an old dog, so only looking for a trail no more than 2-3 miles each way. Any suggestions?