Re: Pack for 5-yr old

  • tdscruiser1
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 2, 2010
      Thanks for this too! :)
      Elena

      --- In backpackingwithchildren@yahoogroups.com, Jennifer Enberg <jenberg@...> wrote:

      > Our 4 year old son carries Camelbak's Mini MULE - he has used in a few dozen times over the last year and it is still in tip-top shape. Enough room for his water, emergency gear, a couple Matchbox trucks and the required Teddy Grahams :), yet small enough that we know we won't overload him. His straps are still cinched quite a bit, so I'm sure he'll continue to use it for a while as he grows.
      > Have fun!!
      >
      > Jen

    • tdscruiser1
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 2, 2010
        That whole making sure they know you won't get mad at them for getting lost thing is important. I know my daughter might actually hide if she thought we would be mad at her for getting lost, and then she would STAY lost, which would be horrible.

        She gets ashamed of making mistakes so easily that it can be a real issue. So thanks for addressing that.