Re: TarpTent

  • AndrĂ© Corterier
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2007
      You can find full test series and some owner reviews on a bunch of
      tarptent products here:
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Shelters/Tarps%20and%20Bivys/

      If that doesn't answer all your questions, I'd like to know why so I
      can tell people over there what they missed putting into their
      reports.
      ;-)

      André

      --- In backpackingwithchildren@yahoogroups.com, Alex Harvey
      <p_alexander_harvey@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone on the list have experience with TarpTent? I have been
      using a tarp when camping with my two boys but I'm getting a little
      tired of not having mosquito/bug protection. I'd still like to keep
      my weight down and not add a hefty tent to my pack. I was thinking
      of the Rainbow 2 which sleeps 3. I know a lot of solo hikers like
      TarpTent but I haven't heard much about the 3-person model. Or,
      should I stick it out with my tarp or look into some sort of netting
      system to use with a tarp.