Just saying hello

  • Sarah
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2006
      Hi, just thought I'd drop an info line about us. I am starting
      hiking this year after quite a bit of car camping. The goal is to
      start with my boys (ages 6.75 & 8.75) at a few weekend trips this
      year. A few more for my girl's time out. I have a cousin that has
      volunteered to go with me and a friend that is more of a car camper
      but hopefully shows intrest in this...
      I have bought a pack (of which I've yet to see if it will suit me).
      We have the bags we've always used for car camping and we'll see if
      it weighs too much. I am up to purchase a stove, tent (of suitable
      size and weight), and a water purification system. We all have
      sleeping pads (mine is on the heavy side but I'm pretty willing for
      that extra comfort) the boys have a ridgerest I have cut in half for
      them.

      I'm collecting info on good starter trails that we can camp out on.
      We are in the Seattle, WA area (I love the alpine lakes areas but
      some that have been young kid tested would be even better). Also
      doing my homework on ultra cheap ultra light gear. I have some
      sewing skills but they are not excellent. I also wonder how much
      ends up being cheap after it's all said and done.

      I would love to hear from this group and I've started reading the
      2000+ posts...
      Doing the homework!
      Peace,
      Sarah