Re: toilet matters

  • JenPete@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2006
      I have two daughters, ages 3 and 5. They don't even give a second
      thought to squatting in the woods (or the desert). However, remember
      that when LITTLE girls squat, the squat RIGHT over their bunched up
      pants. That means they pee/whatever RIGHT on their clothes. The 5 year
      old has it figured out, but I think that's due in part to practice and
      in part to her changing proportions (her legs are proportionally longer
      than her 3-year-old sisters'). SO...what we do with the little ones is
      ALWAYS go with them (a given, anyway) and hold her around her chest
      under her arms so she can rock back a bit in her squat. That generally
      keeps the waste off her clothes.

      Don't delay! The sooner they get out there, I think the more
      comfortable they are with it (before those societal norms set into
      their spongelike brains).

      Happy Poo Year! ;) (Couldn't help myself)
      Jen

      Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 17:30:47 -0000
      From: "gaabrielbecket" <gaabrielbecket@...>
      Subject: toilet matters

      I have three small kids and like to take them camping and hiking and am
      thinking about what to do about the bathroom when you're out in the
      boonies. This issue may have once been addressed in previous posts and
      is somewhat delicate but does anyone have suggestions or product
      reviews? What do you do? Bag it? Bury it? Is there a good
      inflatable potty that'll take up not too much space in my pack?