Grand Canyon Trip

  • Danny
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2003
      I backpacked 4 days and 3 nights into the Grand Canyon over April 23-
      26 spending 2 nights at Bright Angel Campground and one night at
      Indian Garden. I had my 13 year old daughter with. She is about 5
      feet tall and 92 pounds soppy wet and she took along one of her 13
      year old friends who is 5'8" and 140 pounds. They both did quite well
      and my daughter suprised me on the climb out - once I could get some
      breakfast down her she became a hiking machine and I couldn't keep up
      with her. We started out in the snow as we camped at Mather
      campground the night before our trip and about 4" of snow fell but we
      soon hiked out of that and hit some warmer temps in the lower and
      bottom of the canyon. Checkout a portion of my pics in my yahoo
      briefcase at (Grand Canyon - April 2003):

      http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/dannyjmac

      Danny
    • emma eyeball
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2003
        wow! it's hard to believe i was there a month ago and
        the weather was sunny & clear. thanks so much for
        sharing the pictures!

        http://search.yahoo.com