Re: [backpackingwithchildren] Re: Male Girl Scout Leader

  • Roy Gmail
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2005
      Thanks some of our girl are talking about going backpacking but we have a couple that don't like the idea of roughing it so we trying a tent camp later that is in walking distance to some restroom at a local state park

      Good day, Roy it is good to that there are other men who are willing
      to be a Girl Scout Leader, or as my business had on it "Girl Scout
      Adult Volunteer!"
      I am the father of six children and seven (GRANDCHILDREN!) and my
      first four children are girls. Women now actually in their thirties.
      I was one of three men in the district (Santa Clara, Ca) that were
      male leaders. One was my partner Walter, two men leading a Jr. Scout
      Troop #740 for two years. Later with troop #905 where I took over a
      troop of Jr. Scouts and Brownie combation troop.
      Many good memories that I shared with my daughters.

      Adrian