Child Carriers

  • Jeff Hargis
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2005
      Hey everyone,

      mainly a lurker here in Michigan , but am slow at work, which got me
      daydreaming about hiking with my boy Adam, who is now 13 months old.

      Adam will still fit (barely) in his Snugli facing forward, but MAN! What
      a back breaker. I have put him on my back with it too, which is more
      comfortable, but only once because it was so awkward loading him.
      Plus I could'nt see him and he'd face backwards.

      Being winter now, I've been pulling him around in his BabyBogan from
      Whamo! Which I highly recommend. The thing is well built. It's VERY
      stable. And it tracks beatifully straight behind me attached by bungee
      cord.

      I really love winter in Michigan, enjoying skiing, snowshoeing, and camping.

      That is until March 1st!

      Come on SPRING!

      I've reserved two campsites for 3 nights a peice in the Upper Penninsula
      for July. One is in the Porkies http://www.michigandnr.com/parksandtrails/
      ParksandTrailsInfo.aspx?id=426 which has miles of trails and rivers to explore.
      The other is at Fayette Historic Park http://www.michigandnr.com/parksandtrails/
      ParksandTrailsInfo.aspx?id=417 with miles of beaches to hike.

      Thanks Shane, for the Deuter recommendation. You motivated me, and I
      finally bought one. Ended up getting the Kid Comfort III though because
      of extra features such as a built in sun/rain hood. I also bought the opptional
      rain cover for really "nice" weather.

      Should have it in 2 to 3 days, so I'll be sure to let you know how it is.

      I put some pix in the photos section here of Adam in his Snugli
      and his BabyBogan.......Just because.

      Thanks,

      Jeff.