Re: ATTN: Delorme LT-20 testers and monitor

  • pamwyant
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 2, 2005
      I have been contacted and received an e-mail that the 2006 version
      is being shipped to me. Will we need to do a new initial report, or
      just mention this and the changes in our field report?

      Pam Wyant

      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Louis Luangkesorn"
      <lluang@y...> wrote:
      > Looking at all three IR's, everyone received Street Atlas 2005.
      Could

      <tannehillclan@g...>
      > wrote:
      > > I was contacted by an individual at Delorme and basically told I
      > > should have the 2006 version of streets and Trips to use, not the
      > > 2005. Did any others get this?
      > >
      > > It has been shipped out to me.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Brian
    • Sonjia
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 3, 2005
        Yup. And Charlie Conley has sent me an email saying that the 2006
        version was been shipped on Friday. It's scheduled to be delivered on
        Oct 7, 2005.

        Sonjia
      • WoodlandSprite
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 3, 2005
          Ammend the IR once you get the new one.
          -Stephanie

          wrote:
          > Looking at all three IR's, everyone received Street Atlas 2005.
          Could
          > Pam and Sonjia confirm that they were contacted regarding this?
          >
          > Louis
          >
          > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Brian

          > wrote:
          > > I was contacted by an individual at Delorme and basically told I
          > > should have the 2006 version of streets and Trips to use, not the
          > > 2005. Did any others get this?
          > >
          > > It has been shipped out to me.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Brian

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Sonjia
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 3, 2005
            How so? Just mention that the wrong version was shipped and a new one
            was sent to us? Or should we re-do our IRs to include the
            installation of the new 2006 version (and our comments)?

            Sonjia

            --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, WoodlandSprite
            <cl_woodlandsprite@y...> wrote:
            > Ammend the IR once you get the new one.
            > -Stephanie

          • Louis Luangkesorn
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 3, 2005
              Considering two of you had issues with the installation (I'm hoping it
              is something they already knew about and corrected) I'd add a
              paragraph at the end covering software installation, unless it turns
              out there were major changes to the user interface. When the time
              comes we can arrange the new IRs to replace the old ones.

              Louis

              --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Sonjia" <leyva_sm@y...>
              wrote:
              > How so? Just mention that the wrong version was shipped and a new one
              > was sent to us? Or should we re-do our IRs to include the
              > installation of the new 2006 version (and our comments)?
              >
              > Sonjia
              >
              > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, WoodlandSprite
              > <cl_woodlandsprite@y...> wrote:
              > > Ammend the IR once you get the new one.
              > > -Stephanie

            • Sonjia
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 3, 2005
                K. I'm 99% sure my installation problem was hardware related. I've
                had problems with the CDROM drive before. As it's 7 years old, I
                think it's entitled to be a bit persnickity. I was planning on
                deleting and re-installing the program using an external CDROM drive,
                but now I'll wait til the new version arrives.

                Sonjia

                <lluang@y...> wrote:
                > Considering two of you had issues with the installation (I'm hoping it
                > is something they already knew about and corrected) I'd add a
                > paragraph at the end covering software installation, unless it turns
                > out there were major changes to the user interface. When the time
                > comes we can arrange the new IRs to replace the old ones.
                >
                > Louis
              • Clifford Haynes
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 3, 2005
                  If one buys the LT 20 in the DeLorme store, they get 2005 not 2006. I wonder what the improvements are?
                  Rocky

                • WoodlandSprite
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 4, 2005
                    Ammend it to capture any differences in the 2005 & 2006 versions from an "initial report" perspective. If there is any difference in the installation process, include that too.
                    -Stephanie

                    wrote:
                    > Ammend the IR once you get the new one.
                    > -Stephanie