Application to test the IBEX Hooded Shak - Jason B

  • Jason Boyle
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2005
      Please accept my application to test the Ibex Hooded Shak. I have
      read the current survival guide v1202 and agree to abide by all
      rules. Shane has received my tester agreement. If selected I would
      require a size large and have no preference on the color I would
      receive.

      Name: Jason Boyle
      Age: 28
      Gender: Male
      Height: 5' 6"/ 1.68 m
      Weight: 170 lb/ 77 kg
      Chest: 42"/ 107 cm
      Email address: c4jc "at" hotmail "dot" com
      City, State, Country: Snoqualmie, WA, U. S.
      Date: October 2, 2005

      "Rain drops keep falling on my head!" My winter mantra….

      Over the next four months I expect to experience the following:

      Average temperatures for the late fall to early winter range from
      highs in the 60's F to lows in the 30's F (18 C – 1 C). The average
      precipitation in November, December, and January for the Seattle is
      9+ inches per month (23 cm) and will take all forms, rain, snow, and
      sleet. This fall and winter I will be learning new routes and
      places to hike, backpack, and run in the Mount Baker and Snoqualmie
      National Forest. Elevation may vary from sea level to 14,000 ft
      (4267 m), although Mt Rainier will probably not be on the agenda
      this weekend. My normal outdoor routine consists of at least two
      day hikes a month, and no less than 2 nights of backpacking a
      month. I also alpine ski, and will be trekking up to Snoqualmie
      Pass to ski and would use the Hooded Shak as a layer in my skiing
      ensemble.

      Testing Plan:

      If selected I will look for the following characteristics in the
      Ibex Hooded Shak:

      Fit: How well do the shirt fit? Ibex recommends using the shak as
      a mid layer; so how easy is it to wear something underneath it or
      over it. Will I feel like the Michelin Man if I am wearing an outer
      layer? How easy is the chest pocket to open? Is there extra
      padding in the pocket to keep stuff from bouncing on my chest? How
      does the shirt feel as a baselayer? Are they itchy like other wool
      products? How comfortable is the hood to wear? Is it head
      conforming or will I look like the emperor from the Star Wars
      series? How do the thumb loops fit? Are the sleeves proportional
      to the rest of the shirt? Can I adequately vent the shirt with the
      half length zip?

      Durable: How durable is the Shak wool? Do I need to be concerned
      during off tail hiking? Does the fabric wear more underneath my
      backpack straps? What temperature range are they best used in? How
      durable are the thumb loops? Are they reinforced?

      Style? – Living here in the trendy Pacific Northwest is this shirt
      stylish enough to wear on a rainy day diaper run to Target or while
      out at dinner in downtown Seattle?

      Thanks to Backpack Gear Test and IBEX if selected for this test.

      All my reviews may be found at
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/c4jc88

      my two most recent Owner Reviews:

      Saucony Grid Xterra Trail running shoes
      http://tinyurl.com/d4s72

      Platypus Water Tank
      http://tinyurl.com/eyy33

      GoLite Phantom Jacket
      GoLite Feather Sleeping Bag
      Princeton Tec Aurora
      Crazy Creek Original Chair
      Coleman 553 One Burner Stove
      Nike ACG Air Teocalli
      Lowe Alpine Contour IV 90 + 15
      Doufold T Shirt

      Tests Completed
      Aqua Mira One shot report
      Integral Designs Denali Pants
      Jetboil Personal Cooking System
      Imlay Canyon Gear Canyon Kegs
      Muttluks Dog boots
      Granite Gear Air Compressor Sack
      Granite Gear Aptitude Gloves
      Keen Newport H2's
      Red Ledge Cirrus LT jacket
      Shock Doctor Ultra Custom Insoles

      Tests Currently Participating in:
      Petzl Tikka XP – in Initial Report phase
      LuxuryLite Travel Pillow – in Field Report phase
      Imlay Canyon Knife – In long term phase
      Teva Steep XCR – In long term phase

      Test Monitor for the following tests in progress:
      Granite Gear Ki
      Integral Designs eVent Shortie Gaiters
      Moving Comfort Daylight Bra

      Test Monitor for the following completed tests:
      Macabi Skirt for Women
      Speers Frog Sac
      Brasslite Turbo II-F
      Ultimate Direction SpeeDemon

      I am also a member of the mentor program.