Application to test the IBEX Fall Line Pant - Jason B

  • Jason Boyle
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2005
      Please accept my application to test the Ibex Fall Line Pant. I
      have read the current survival guide v1202 and agree to abide by all
      rules. Shane has received my tester agreement. If selected I would
      require a size large and have no preference on the color I would
      receive.

      Name: Jason Boyle
      Age: 28
      Gender: Male
      Height: 5' 6"/ 1.68 m
      Weight: 170 lb/ 77 kg
      Waist: 36"/ 91 cm
      Hips: 42"/ 107 cm
      Thighs: 21"/ 53 cm
      Inseam: 28"/ 71 cm
      Email address: c4jc "at" hotmail "dot" com
      City, State, Country: Snoqualmie, WA, U. S.
      Date: October 1, 2005

      "Rain drops keep falling on my head!" My winter mantra….

      Over the next four months I expect to experience the following:

      Average temperatures for the late fall to early winter range from
      highs in the 60's F to lows in the 30's F (18 C – 1 C). The average
      precipitation in November, December, and January for the Seattle is
      9+ inches per month (23 cm) and will take all forms, rain, snow, and
      sleet. This fall and winter I will be learning new routes and
      places to hike, backpack, and run in the Mount Baker and Snoqualmie
      National Forest. Elevation may vary from sea level to 14,000 ft
      (4267 m), although Mt Rainier will probably not be on the agenda
      this weekend. My normal outdoor routine consists of at least two
      day hikes a month, and no less than 2 nights of backpacking a
      month. I also alpine ski, and will be trekking up to Snoqualmie
      Pass to ski and would use the pants in that capacity.

      Testing Plan:

      If selected I will look for the following characteristics in the
      Ibex Fall Line pants:

      Fit: How well do the pants fit? Are they roomy enough to have a
      light base layer of clothing underneath like the Ibex website says
      they are? Based on the website picture it looks like the pants have
      zippered pockets, how easy are they to open? Can they be opened
      with gloves on? How do the pants feel? Are they itchy like other
      wool products? How easy is the elastic belt to use? Does the belt
      do a good job of holding the pants up? Is the belt an irritation
      spot when I am wearing a backpack?

      Durable: How durable is the Climawool Cirrus softshell material? Do
      I need to be concerned during off tail hiking? I normally sit or
      kneel on the ground while doing everyday camp chores like collecting
      firewood, cooking or building a fire; do I need to be worried about
      the pants coming in contact with rocks, sticks and dirt?

      Weatherproof/Breathable: What exactly do they mean by
      weatherproof? We get a lot of rain here and water resistance is
      key. Will they make it through a day of hiking in the rain? How
      breathable are the pants? What temperature range are they best used
      in?

      Style? – Living here in the trendy Pacific Northwest are these pants
      stylish enough to wear on a rainy day diaper run to Target or while
      out at dinner in downtown Seattle?

      Thanks to Backpack Gear Test and IBEX if selected for this test.

      All my reviews may be found at
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/c4jc88

      my two most recent Owner Reviews:

      Saucony Grid Xterra Trail running shoes
      http://tinyurl.com/d4s72

      Platypus Water Tank
      http://tinyurl.com/eyy33

      GoLite Phantom Jacket
      GoLite Feather Sleeping Bag
      Princeton Tec Aurora
      Crazy Creek Original Chair
      Coleman 553 One Burner Stove
      Nike ACG Air Teocalli
      Lowe Alpine Contour IV 90 + 15
      Doufold T Shirt

      Tests Completed
      Aqua Mira One shot report
      Integral Designs Denali Pants
      Jetboil Personal Cooking System
      Imlay Canyon Gear Canyon Kegs
      Muttluks Dog boots
      Granite Gear Air Compressor Sack
      Granite Gear Aptitude Gloves
      Keen Newport H2's
      Red Ledge Cirrus LT jacket
      Shock Doctor Ultra Custom Insoles

      Tests Currently Participating in:
      Petzl Tikka XP – in Initial Report phase
      LuxuryLite Travel Pillow – in Field Report phase
      Imlay Canyon Knife – In long term phase
      Teva Steep XCR – In long term phase

      Test Monitor for the following tests in progress:
      Granite Gear Ki
      Integral Designs eVent Shortie Gaiters
      Moving Comfort Daylight Bra

      Test Monitor for the following completed tests:
      Macabi Skirt for Women
      Speers Frog Sac
      Brasslite Turbo II-F
      Ultimate Direction SpeeDemon

      I am also a member of the mentor program.