ATTN: Delorme LT-20 testers and monitor

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 30, 2005
      I was contacted by an individual at Delorme and basically told I
      should have the 2006 version of streets and Trips to use, not the
      2005. Did any others get this?

      It has been shipped out to me.

      Thanks,
      Brian
    • Louis Luangkesorn
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2005
        Looking at all three IR's, everyone received Street Atlas 2005. Could
        Pam and Sonjia confirm that they were contacted regarding this?

        Louis

        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Brian <tannehillclan@g...>
        wrote:
        > I was contacted by an individual at Delorme and basically told I
        > should have the 2006 version of streets and Trips to use, not the
        > 2005. Did any others get this?
        >
        > It has been shipped out to me.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Brian
      • pamwyant
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 2, 2005
          I have been contacted and received an e-mail that the 2006 version
          is being shipped to me. Will we need to do a new initial report, or
          just mention this and the changes in our field report?

          Pam Wyant

          --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Louis Luangkesorn"
          <lluang@y...> wrote:
          > Looking at all three IR's, everyone received Street Atlas 2005.
          Could
          > Pam and Sonjia confirm that they were contacted regarding this?
          >
          > Louis
          >
          > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Brian
          <tannehillclan@g...>
          > wrote:
          > > I was contacted by an individual at Delorme and basically told I
          > > should have the 2006 version of streets and Trips to use, not the
          > > 2005. Did any others get this?
          > >
          > > It has been shipped out to me.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Brian
        • Sonjia
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 3, 2005
            Yup. And Charlie Conley has sent me an email saying that the 2006
            version was been shipped on Friday. It's scheduled to be delivered on
            Oct 7, 2005.

            Sonjia
          • WoodlandSprite
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 3, 2005
              Ammend the IR once you get the new one.
              -Stephanie

              wrote:
              > Looking at all three IR's, everyone received Street Atlas 2005.
              Could
              > Pam and Sonjia confirm that they were contacted regarding this?
              >
              > Louis
              >
              > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Brian

              > wrote:
              > > I was contacted by an individual at Delorme and basically told I
              > > should have the 2006 version of streets and Trips to use, not the
              > > 2005. Did any others get this?
              > >
              > > It has been shipped out to me.
              > >
              > > Thanks,
              > > Brian

              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Sonjia
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 3, 2005
                How so? Just mention that the wrong version was shipped and a new one
                was sent to us? Or should we re-do our IRs to include the
                installation of the new 2006 version (and our comments)?

                Sonjia

                --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, WoodlandSprite
                <cl_woodlandsprite@y...> wrote:
                > Ammend the IR once you get the new one.
                > -Stephanie

              • Louis Luangkesorn
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 3, 2005
                  Considering two of you had issues with the installation (I'm hoping it
                  is something they already knew about and corrected) I'd add a
                  paragraph at the end covering software installation, unless it turns
                  out there were major changes to the user interface. When the time
                  comes we can arrange the new IRs to replace the old ones.

                  Louis

                  --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Sonjia" <leyva_sm@y...>
                  wrote:
                  > How so? Just mention that the wrong version was shipped and a new one
                  > was sent to us? Or should we re-do our IRs to include the
                  > installation of the new 2006 version (and our comments)?
                  >
                  > Sonjia
                  >
                  > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, WoodlandSprite
                  > <cl_woodlandsprite@y...> wrote:
                  > > Ammend the IR once you get the new one.
                  > > -Stephanie

                • Sonjia
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 3, 2005
                    K. I'm 99% sure my installation problem was hardware related. I've
                    had problems with the CDROM drive before. As it's 7 years old, I
                    think it's entitled to be a bit persnickity. I was planning on
                    deleting and re-installing the program using an external CDROM drive,
                    but now I'll wait til the new version arrives.

                    Sonjia

                    <lluang@y...> wrote:
                    > Considering two of you had issues with the installation (I'm hoping it
                    > is something they already knew about and corrected) I'd add a
                    > paragraph at the end covering software installation, unless it turns
                    > out there were major changes to the user interface. When the time
                    > comes we can arrange the new IRs to replace the old ones.
                    >
                    > Louis
                  • Clifford Haynes
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 3, 2005
                      If one buys the LT 20 in the DeLorme store, they get 2005 not 2006. I wonder what the improvements are?
                      Rocky

                    • WoodlandSprite
                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 4, 2005
                        Ammend it to capture any differences in the 2005 & 2006 versions from an "initial report" perspective. If there is any difference in the installation process, include that too.
                        -Stephanie

                        wrote:
                        > Ammend the IR once you get the new one.
                        > -Stephanie