Re: Question about measuring temperatures

  • Andy Mytys
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 30, 2005
      OK, maybe their website doesn't have the best layout for end-
      consumers wanting to buy the "kit" - but it's pretty good for
      describing the button, and for MASS ordering. If you call them
      they're VERY HELPFUL. I've certainly been spoiled by getting the
      info on just about anything sans human interaction, 24-7, but the
      employment of an actual US-based operator that actually knows what
      they're talking about has its merits too.

      If you look at the chart here -
      you'll note that there are several button options.

      When I was buying, I got the DS1921G ($15). Today, I would get
      either the 1922L (more memory, better resolution, same effectivity
      temp range (-40C - 85 C) - $28) or the DS-1923, which is the same as
      the 1922L but it also measures humidity ($55).

      The only thing that's missing on the webpage is the fact that any of
      these buttons are available in "Kit" form - the kit gives you the
      cables/software needed to hook the button up to your PC. I don't
      know specifically what the premium was in terms of price for the kit,
      but I seem to recall it added about $20 to the price of the base

      There's no way I can find to order the "kit" off the webpage, but if
      you call them they'll sell you one.

      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "edwardripleyduggan"