Leatherman Response to our current "problem" with measurements/bits

  • Banjo Doje
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2005
      Here we go - official response from Leatherman

      Jodi

      Jodi, you and the other testers have identified an inconsistency in
      the way we are presenting our information. The hex bit in question is
      indeed .050", not mm. Some of our literature includes the inch
      designation, some (including several of our Web site pages) does not.
      We'll be updating anything that lists this item (catalogs, user's
      guides, Web sites, etc."); imprinting on the bit itself is unlikely to
      change. These updates should help international users, as our user's
      guides are printed in four languages, and a fifth of our Web site
      visitors are from outside the United States.

      We're aware of a number of typical applications for the .050" hex bit,
      including:

      * Hobbies such as radio-controlled cars, slot cars and model airplanes.
      * Electric guitar hardware.
      * Other musical instrument electronics.
      * Dental equipment.
      * Some bicycle seats.
      * Rifle scope accessories.
      * Thermal imaging cameras.
      * Machine vision systems (i.e., industrial cameras)
      * Some water pumps, such as on aircraft with kitchens and/or lavatories.
      * Cord tension adjustment on vertical blinds.

      There are certainly others. Like everything else about a Leatherman
      tool, you'll be prepared for the unexpected circumstance where that
      may be the exact bit size you need.

      Contents of the Bit Kit accessory are detailed here:
      http://www.leatherman.com/shop/shop.aspx?category=37
      Note that some of these bits are already included with your Charge, so
      you'd want to consider those as back-up/replacement bits.

      I hope that helps with your testing! Thanks for the inquiry.

      Sincerely,

      Mark R. Baker
      bakmr@...
      Public Relations Manager
      Leatherman Tool Group, Inc.
      www.leatherman.com
      Now you're ready.™

      arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather
      to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, chocolate coke in the
      other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~
      WOOHOO what a ride!"