PRODUCT ISSUE: Primus ETA Lite - M. Curry

  • Mike Curry
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 12, 2014

      Kathy,

      I picked up a couple of fuel canisters today to see if the leakage I described in my IR was a problem with the canister.  It wasn't.  The leak has actually worsened and the stove would, at this point, be unsafe to light.

      Shall I contact customer service, or would you like to contact the rep?

      Mike

    • uberpest
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 13, 2014
        This is the same problem I had, Mike. Mine leaked from the very first use and with three different brands of canisters. I don't feel safe using it as is. I haven't uploaded my report yet as I'm waiting for guidance (I contacted Katy off list yesterday).
        -Amanda
      • Mike Curry
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 13, 2014

          After simply screwing it on to three canisters, the leak is now so bad it is the equivalent of opening the valve significantly.   A cloud of vaporized fuel billows out the burner.  I won't be lighting it again,  that is for sure.

          Awaiting direction.

          Mike

          On Aug 13, 2014 8:16 AM, "uberpest@... [backpackgeartesters]" <backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          This is the same problem I had, Mike. Mine leaked from the very first use and with three different brands of canisters. I don't feel safe using it as is. I haven't uploaded my report yet as I'm waiting for guidance (I contacted Katy off list yesterday).

          -Amanda
        • Kathy Waters
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 13, 2014

            Please follow the standard BGT protocol and contact customer service to see if the problem can be resolved through customer service.  Do not identify yourself as a “tester” – just a consumer and report on your experience with customer service.

            If you do not resolve the problem via the customer service route, let John know off-line at jrw@... and he will follow up with the Primus rep.

            Thanks,

            Kathy