TEST CALL - Primus Eta Lite

  • Andrea Murland
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 17, 2014
      Primus has a nice looking stove up for testing...anyone do any cooking in the backcountry?  If so (that should be most of us...) I want to see your app!

      Please include the following in your application:
      1. The opening disclaimer for testing
      2. Your bio
      3. A brief test plan, including your plans to meet the minimum use requiremen
      ts
      4. A list of what you are currently testing AND a link to your test status page
      5. The number of Owner Reviews you have completed in the last year
      6. A list of any outstanding applications
      7. Any additional BGT roles you play

      US Shipping Included
      Does NOT count for Newbie Limit
      Three Report Test
      Andrea is the Test Manager

      Your subject line should read: "APPLICATION - Primus Eta Lite - Your Name

      This call will close at 9 pm MDT on Tuesday June 24, 2014.
    • duanesgear
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 20, 2014

        Please accept my application to test the Primus Eta Lite Stove.  I have read and will follow all requirements as outlined in chapter five of the BackpackGearTest Survival guide, version 0609.  My signed BGT agreement is on file.

        TESTER INFORMATION

        Name:                  Duane Lawrence

        Age:                      41

        Gender:               Male

        Height:                5’ 9” (180 cm)

        Weight:               160 lbs (72.5 kg)

        Email:                  duanesgear AT yahoo DOT com

        Location:            Sparwood, British Columbia, Canada

        I am an experience backpacker with more than 20 years of hiking, climbing, skiing and paddling.  I spend most weekends on day and overnight hikes and outdoor excursions with at least one or two overnight trips each month.  Although not as frequent I try and get a few longer multi night trips in each year.  I backpack mainly in the Canadian Rockies but have hiked and climbed throughout western North America.  I use my gear in a variety of outdoor sports including hiking, mountain scrambles’, mountaineering, ski touring, rock climbing, biking and for search and rescue.  The gear that I enjoy using the most is well constructed, easy to use and is versatile.

        TEST PLAN

        Throughout the summer and fall I have a number of two and three day backpacking trips planned in the Canadian Rockies and Glacier National Park in Northern Montana.  I will also be participating in weekly training exercises and some day long search and rescue scenarios.  I am interested in seeing how this stove performs on overnight trips with two people to feed.  I cook a variety of food on my trips including instant dehydrated meals that require hot water only; morning oatmeal, not the quick oats, rather the ones you actually have to cook; and a variety of other meals from the simple one pot meal to others that require a little more planning and timing.  I would be looking to see how quickly this stove can boil water, if it can cook at low temperatures and simmer without burning anything, how efficient the stove is (does it use up fuel quickly or does it make it last).  I’ll also be interested in how it packs in my search and rescue pack where a light weight, compact stove would be ideal in case of an unplanned night out.

        PREVIOUS REPORTS

        Owner Reviews:  two in the past year.

        Current Tests:   None

        Outstanding Applications: None

        Completed Reviews: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/DuaneLawrence

        I have no other BGT roles.

        Thank you for considering my application for the Primus Eta Light stove.

         Duane

      • Duane Lawrence
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 20, 2014
          Hi,

[...]