Attn: Mods - Manufacture Name Clarification please

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 12, 2014

      Nancy and I are monitoring the Avex water bottle test. There appears to be a discrepancy regarding the MFG.  We have Avex and Ignite USA, LLC on the table as possible options.  The correct one is????

      Thank you,

      Jamie D

    • ftroop94
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 12, 2014
        I'm not a Mod, but I'll clarify why I went with Ignite USA.

        It was something Ray clued me into long ago.

        The Brand isn't always the manufacturer.  Much like MSR or Therm-a-rest aren't the manufacturer.  It is actually Cascade Designs.

        Ever since the clarification many moons ago, I've always researched beyond the brand.

        From the site: "Avex, the Avex logo, AUTOSEAL, the AUTOSEAL logo, AUTOSPOUT, and the AUTOSPOUT logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Ignite USA, LLC."

        A click or two from the Avex Webpage take you to the Corporate page.

        Again, I'm not a Mod, but this is why I feel Ignite USA is the manufacturer.  So now the Powers that Be may make the decision and I shall follow!

        ~SMK
      • ftroop94
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 12, 2014
          ...not to be to windy, but I also noticed that Ignite USA markets another set of bottles under the 'Contigo' Brand name.  They also use the AUTOSEAL technology that is trademarked by Ignite, but this brand doesn't appear to be marketed to outdoorsmen.

          Now I'm done...

          ~SMK
        • chcoa
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 13, 2014
            I agree totally and in the Mfg slot of our reports I certainly want to get it right based on what the company providing the products wants.  I also want to make sure we are using the right title so if AVEX is not what the Mfg wants in the title then we should know for the reports and so it's properly listed on the BGT site.  Right now they are listed under Brazos, nothing about AVEX or Ignite USA.

            Jamie D