IR-Honey Stinger - Just For Kids-Mike Pearl

  • Mike Pearl
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2014
      Dear Monitor,

      Please find the below the link and text for this yummy IR.

      Many thanks,
      Mike

      HONEY STINGERS JUST FOR KIDS
      TEST SERIES BY MIKE PEARL
      IR
      June 01, 2014

      TESTER INFORMATION

      NAME: Mike Pearl
      EMAIL: mikepearl36ATyahooDOTcom
      AGE: 40
      LOCATION: Hanover, New Hampshire, USA
      GENDER: M
      HEIGHT: 5' 9" (1.75 m)
      WEIGHT: 155 lb (70.30 kg)

      I have a great appreciation for the outdoors and get out at every opportunity.  I am a three-season backpacker and year round hiker.  Currently, my trips are two to three days long as well as an annual week-long trip.  I utilize the abundant trail shelters in my locale and pack a backup tarp-tent.  I like to cover big distances while still taking in the views.  I have lightweight leanings but function and reliability are the priority.  I mostly travel woodland mountain terrain but enjoy hiking beautiful trails anywhere.

      INITIAL REPORT

      SPECIAL GUEST TESTERS

      I called in the reinforcements for this test.  This being an item for kids I have two of the (self proclaimed) "coolest kids on the trail", my seven and five year old daughters.  Both have a sweet tooth.  My older likes most things chewy.  My younger likes most things fruit.  Both enjoy hiking, older likes rocky summits and younger likes streams and waterfalls.

      PRODUCT INFORMATION & SPECIFICATIONS

      Manufacturer: Honey Stinger
      Year of Manufacture: 2014
      Manufacturer's Website: <<HYPERLINK GOES HERE - "http://www.honeystinger.com" LINK TEXT = "www.honeystinger.com">>

      The Just For Kids come in four varieties listed below.  (Images courtesy of the Honey Stinger website.)

      *Weights listed below are per packet*
      MSRP: US$5.19 per box of 5 packets
      Listed Net Weight: 0.8 oz (23 g)
      Measured Net Weight: 0.8 oz (23 g)

      MSRP: US$5.19 per box of 5 packets
      Listed Net Weight: 0.8 oz (23 g)
      Measured Net Weight: 0.8 oz (23 g)

      MSRP: US$4.99 per box of 6 waffles
      Listed Net Weight: 0.5 oz (15 g)
      Measured Net Weight: 0.5 oz (15 g)

      MSRP: US$4.99 per box of 6 waffles
      Listed Net Weight: 0.5 oz (15 g)
      Measured Net Weight: 0.5 oz (15 g)

      INITIAL IMPRESSIONS

      We received one box of all four varieties of the Just For Kids snacks.  I passed one packet of each around to my 7 and 5 year old daughters.  I asked them what they thought about them and why.  They both said they were good because there are people on the package doing healthy activities.  My older daughter added that there are no artificial colors.

      READING THE LABEL

      Both the waffles and the chews are made with organic ingredients and contain no artificial colors or flavors, preservatives or high fructose corn syrup.  When making food chooses these are things my family prefers.

      Based on the ingredients and information on the Honey Stinger website these are meant to be snacks.  All four varieties are quick burn simple carbohydrates from sugars.  In addition each variety has some other "pluses" as well.  The chews provide a full days worth of vitamin C.  The Honey Waffle provides a small amount of fat and salt.  The Chocolate Waffle provides a small amount of fat, salt and protein.

      TRYING IT OUT

      We divided up one package of each variety for a quick taste test.  Here's the ranking, first being most favored.

      Seven year old - Mixed Berry Chew, Chocolate Waffle, Sour Citrus Chew and Honey Waffle

      Five year old - Honey Waffle, Chocolate Waffle, Mixed Berry Chew and Sour Citrus Chew

      Me - Honey Waffle, Chocolate Waffle, Sour Citrus Chew and Mixed Berry Chew

      We all thought each had flavor and texture appropriate for the description.  It was agreed that we look forward to hiking with these snacks in our packs.

      SUMMARY

      The Honey Stinger Just For Kids snacks are smartly packaged, tasty treats.  My daughters and I had to restrain ourselves from eating more before getting out for a hike.  These snacks seem like a good addition to our trail lunches.  They will provide a welcome sweet boost of quick energy.

      This concludes the Initial Report.  Thank you to Honey Stinger and BackpackGearTest.org for the opportunity to try Just For Kids snacks.  Please return soon the Long-Term Report.

      Copyright 2014.  All rights reserved.

    • Mike Pearl

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 19, 2014
          Mike,

          My apologies for the delay in editing!  Nice report!  Hope you can get some shots of the kiddos grubbing on them!  I have a 5 1/2 and 7 year old that'd likely love them!

          Upload at will after edits and delete the Test folder.  See you in a few.

          ~Steve

          >>Manufacterer

          EDIT:  EN-R-G Foods, LLC

          Fix this here and in your Thank you at the completion of the report

          >> This being an

          item for kids I have two of the (self proclaimed) "coolest kids on the trail", my seven and five year old daughters.

          EDIT:  an item for kid, I have two of the (self-proclaimed”….

          Both enjoy hiking, older likes rocky summits and younger likes streams and waterfalls.

          EDIT:  Both enjoy hiking, the older likes

          When making food chooses these are things my family prefers.

          EDIT: food choices

          The chews provide a full days worth of vitamin C.

          EDIT:  full day’s worth

          The Honey Stinger Just For Kids snacks are smartly packaged, tasty treats.

          Comment: projecting opining

          EDIT:  My children and I believe the Honey Stinger…