APPLICATION - Mountain Khakis Shirt - Theresa Lawrence

  • Theresa Lawrence
    Message 1 of 3 , May 9, 2014
      APPLICATION TO TEST MOUNTAIN KHAKIS GRANITE CREEK LONG SLEEVE SHIRT

      Please accept my application to test the Mountain Khakis Granite Creek Long Sleeve Shirt. I have read Chapter Five of the BackpackGearTest Survival Guide, version 0609, and I will follow all requirements. My signed BGT Agreement is on file.

      TESTER BIOGRAPHY

      Name: Theresa Lawrence
      Age: 36
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5 ft 8 in (173 cm)
      Weight: 125 lbs (57 kg)
      Email: theresa_newell AT yahoo DOT com
      Location: Sparwood, British Columbia, Canada
      Date: May 9, 2014

      I have more than 15 years of backpacking experience. Day hikes and 2-3 day backpacking trips take place on most weekends throughout the year while longer trips are only occasional. I backpack predominantly in mountain terrain (Coast Range, Cascades and Canadian Rockies) with the goal of summiting peaks. Activities I use my gear with include mountaineering, ski touring, rock climbing, kayaking, biking, trail running, Search and Rescue and overseas travel. I like my gear to be reasonably light, convenient and simple to use though I would not claim to be a lightweight hiker.

      TEST PLAN

      Over the next several months I am planning for a number of 3 day backpacking trips in the Southern Canadian Rockies (every other weekend is a long weekend for me). Other trips planned included white water kayaking, a week long rock climbing trip as well as a week long road cycling trip. Snow should be lessening, but we still have a lot of snow in the backcountry and likely well into June. Warmer climes for the longer test may include any or all of rain, wind and sun. Terrain will mostly be rugged alpine. With this shirt, I'd be looking for wind and water resistance. Also, how quick-drying and breathable during moderate activities. I'd like to see how well it wards of smell, sweat stains and dirt during longer trips. UV protection would be noted as well. And finally, fit, comfort, looks and function will all weigh in the experience.

      PREVIOUSLY WRITTEN REPORTS

      Owner Reviews: 2 in the last year

      Current Tests:
      - REI Half Dome 2 Tent: LTR May 31
      - Revelcloud Hoodie: LTR May 20
      - OR Trascendent Vest: awaiting FR edits
      - Seirus Dynamax Quick Combo: LTR no date
      - Camelbak Alpine Explorer Daypack: awaiting arrival

      Completed Reviews: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/theresa_lawrence

      Tester Status Page: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1909.htm

      I have no other BGT roles.

      Thank you for considering my application,

      Theresa Lawrence
    • Kathy Waters
      Message 2 of 3 , May 9, 2014

        Theresa,

        I’m sorry.  It wasn’t made clear in the test call (John’s fault <g>!) but MK only wants US testers.

        Kathy

        Message 3 of 3 , May 9, 2014
          I was wondering about that.  All the calls said US SHIPPING only, not US testers only, so I thought we might squeak in with our cross-border pickup abilities.
          Andrea