Edit - FR Magellan eXplorist - Coy Starnes

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2014
      Hi Coy,

      Excellent FR, and even better photos. Your edits are below in the standard EDIT/Edit/Comment format. After revising you're good to upload. Don't forget to delete your Tests folder copy.

      Happy hunting and see you in two months.

      Cheers, Richard
      _______________________

      ### I have used the Magellan eXplorist 350H on 4 different squirrel hunts###
      Edit: A style point and thus up to you. It's much easier to read a sentence when a single-digit number (here, 4) used in text is written our – four instead of 4. Here and several other places.

      ### Elevations ranged from about 600 ft (183 m) to 1200 ft (366 m). ###
      Edit: Another style matter that recurs several times in your Report. If the Imperial is approximate, as you say this is, consider rounding off the metric too. In this instance, 180 and 360 m. Sometimes you do this, sometimes not.

      ### All hunts took place either near my home (some on my own property) or on nearby TVA land. ###
      EDIT: Either identify the Tennessee Valley Authority or say "government" or "federal" land. Many of our readers may be unfamiliar with the TVA.

      ###I had hiked along the back side of a long ridge for about a mile along a trail. ###
      EDIT: Add the metric.

      ###I was pretty tired from the hike even after sitting for awhile so when I decided to head back to my truck I wanted the easiest way out. ###
      Edit: "sitting for a while" or "sitting awhile"

      ### I was squirrel hunting near the house and had just carried the GPS along to mark any interesting things I might run across.. ###
      EDIT: Delete the extra period at the end of the sentence.

      ### I was able to quickly mark the spot where I jumped the deer, unfortunately, I went back a few days later to hunt them and saw nary hide nor hair of those three deer.###
      EDIT: Either change the comma after "deer" to a semicolon or make this two sentences.

      ##BTW, the distance recorded in the small blue square in the next 2 photos is where I was playing with the distance measuring tool and is represented by the orange line.###
      EDIT: By the way [This isn't a text message.]
      Edit: distance-measuring [with a hyphen. Here and one or two other places.]

      ###In other words, exactly a mile farther. ###
      EDIT: Need the metric. Here you should be exact.

      ###Unfortunately, I can not fly ###
      Edit: cannot [one word]

      ### I also discovered that I could determine distances in non-straight lines by advancing to a point and left clicking my mouse, then continuing in a new direction, and repeating this until I reach the destination along what looks like could be a good route. When finished I can right click ###
      Edit: left-click and right-click [each with a hyphen]

      ###Once I go to another route etc and come back the distance tool info has disappeared. ###
      EDIT: Delete "etc" as it adds nothing to the sentence and is confusing.

      ### I found that by using the "Plan a Trip" function I could go into several sub minus ###
      EDIT: sub-menus [hyphen and spelling]

      ### but since I always carry a compass I can now find my way around and mark places much easier than ever before.###
      EDIT: much more easily [it's an adverb not an adjective]