testing problem

  • Edwin Morse
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 16, 2013
      Kathy,
      I have a somewhat similar problem. I'm testing the REI Flash Sleeping Bag. I do not backpack in snow. I uploaded the FR on time. I had planned on a few more overnights here in Michigan then a trip to Florida for another week of testing during the LTR period.
      Snow storms and then rifle deer season eliminated my overnight hikes.

      Theresa,

      Since you will not be using the tent over the winter, you will need to complete the test in the spring and file a LTR after two additional months of testing.

      I certainly understand and certainly wouldn’t want you to use a product in an unsafe situation, but we do need to fulfill our promise to the manufacturer for the test.

      Can you please give me an estimate on when you think you would be able to safely resume testing the tent so I can let REI know?

      Thanks!

      Kathy

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 16, 2013

        Ed,

        Same answer! <g>  When do you think you can pick up the LTR?  Can you give me a reasonable due date and I can let REI know?

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 16, 2013
          Kathy,
          Somehow my explanation got mangled. My Florida hike is postponed to early February because my wife has been sick. If a week (actually eight) more nights out is sufficient I can have the LTR in by February 24.

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 16, 2013

            Heck, YES!  More than sufficient.  No worry about that extension, I’ve already entered it.  Hope your wife is feeling better already or soon.

            Have a great Christmas season!