Edit - SmartWool PhD socks - Jerry Adams

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 2013
      Hi Jerry, very well done. A few edits in the BGT-standard EDIT/Edit/Comment format below. After revising you're good to upload. Don't forget to delete your Tests folder copy.

      Happy Holidays, Richard
      _______________________
      ### TESTER INFORMATION ###
      Edit/Comment – Nothing wrong here, but it would aid your readers if you included your shoe size in this section. In my Test Reports and ORs I try to include sizing relevant to the test – torso length for a pack, inseam for trousers, etc. Up to you.
      Comment: Your bio is one of the most informative on BGT.

      ###Manufacturer: Smartwool ###
      EDIT: SmartWool [Here and elsewhere in your report.]

      ### The Smartwool PhD Outdoor Heavy Crew socks are Merino wool socks for outdoor use like hiking. ###
      EDIT: merino [no cap. Not a brand but a type of wool so should not be capitalized. Here and one or two other places.]

      ###They're fairly tight. Maybe next time I'll get a size XL.###
      Comment: I have the same problem, right on the L/XL cusp. I tend to choose the lower size in socks, as they stretch some after use, and I hate bunched up socks in my boots.

      ###The Smartwool PhD Heavy Crew socks are heavy weight, Merino wool, outdoor socks. ###
      Edit: heavyweight [one word]
      EDIT: merino [no cap, as above]
    • richardglyon@att.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 12, 2013
        Jerry,

        Two things I missed the first time. Please revise these before uploading.

        Thanks, Richard
        ______________________
        ### SMARTWOOL PHD SOCKS [Title] ###
        EDIT: SMARTWOOL PHD OUTDOOR HEAVY CREW SOCKS [SmartWool has several socks in its PhD line.]

        ### Look forward to my Field Report in about two months.###
        EDIT: Look forward to my Long Term Report in about four months. [This is a two-report test.]

        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "richardglyon@..." <montana.angler@...> wrote:

        > Hi Jerry, very well done. A few edits in the BGT-standard EDIT/Edit/Comment format below. After revising you're good to upload. Don't forget to delete your Tests folder copy.
        >
        > Happy Holidays, Richard
        > _______________________
        > ### TESTER INFORMATION ###
        > Edit/Comment – Nothing wrong here, but it would aid your readers if you included your shoe size in this section. In my Test Reports and ORs I try to include sizing relevant to the test – torso length for a pack, inseam for trousers, etc. Up to you.
        > Comment: Your bio is one of the most informative on BGT.
        >
        > ###Manufacturer: Smartwool ###
        > EDIT: SmartWool [Here and elsewhere in your report.]
        >
        > ### The Smartwool PhD Outdoor Heavy Crew socks are Merino wool socks for outdoor use like hiking. ###
        > EDIT: merino [no cap. Not a brand but a type of wool so should not be capitalized. Here and one or two other places.]
        >
        > ###They're fairly tight. Maybe next time I'll get a size XL.###
        > Comment: I have the same problem, right on the L/XL cusp. I tend to choose the lower size in socks, as they stretch some after use, and I hate bunched up socks in my boots.
        >
        > ###The Smartwool PhD Heavy Crew socks are heavy weight, Merino wool, outdoor socks. ###
        > Edit: heavyweight [one word]
        > EDIT: merino [no cap, as above]

      • jerry adams
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 22, 2013
          Thanks for the edits Richard - edited, uploaded, deleted

          Hmmm, for some reason my yahoo mail started putting most backpackinggeartest email in my spam folder which is why I have been missing things.  Curiously, some bgt emails got through just to make me think it was working.  Maybe I've fixed it now, or I will eventually figure it out.