Wanted - a few good men

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2013
      To join a few good women, several of whom have applied for the Gregory Targhee day pack. Call closes Wednesday at midnight PDT, details below

      Cheers, Richard

      Not until you have this sweet day and ski pack from our friends at Gregory. It's
      even named after the resort with the most powder in the Lower 48!

      BackpackGearTest.org and Gregory are excited to offer three lucky testers the
      chance to test the new Targhee 32. Read about it here: Info:
      http://gregorypacks.com/GM364_cfg.html?dwvar_GM364__cfg_gmp_color=obsidian_black\
      #start=5

      Details: Three-report test. Newbie limit does NOT apply. U S and Canadian
      shipping included. Unisex product, applications from either gender welcome. As
      this is a day pack, overnight use is NOT required. Use when on skis is
      encouraged but not mandatory.

      Richard is the Test Manager. PLEASE send a copy of your application directly to
      me at Montana DOT angler AT gmail DOT com as well as posting to the list.

      Test call closes midnight PST (GMT-8) on Wednesday, December 4.

      Rules for your BRIEF application:

      Subject line: "Application – Gregory Targhee - <your name>"

      Include:

      1. Opening disclaimer for testing
      2. Brief personal bio
      3. Brief test plan, including venues and anticipated trail conditions. Snow use
      will earn you a brownie point.
      4. Link to your previous tests/ORs (summary page) AND number of ORs in
      the last 12 months not including your qualifying ORs
      5. Your current test load, AND a link to your test status page
      6. Any other pending applications. If before this call closes you apply for
      anything subsequently to your Gregory app, please send me an email offlist
      noting the new app.
      7. Any additional BGT roles (mentor, monitor, editor, etc.)

      Good luck! And, to U S applicants, Happy Thanksgiving!
    • Jamie
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2013
        Hi Richard,

        I'd be keen to apply as I'm mostly restricted to day walks at the moment due to young kids keeping me housebound. However it is summer in Australia so not a lot of snow!! Is here value in testing in the non-winter to show full 4 season functionality??

        If you think Yes then let me know and I'll shoot in an application.

        Thanks!

        Jamie

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2013
          Jamie,

          Thanks for inquiring but I rather think not. Gregory promotes it as a ski pack and its nifty new feature is a ski/snowshoe carry. I'll keep you in mind for the next one.

          Cheers, Richard

          --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Jamie" <jlawrence286@...> wrote:

          > Hi Richard,
          >
          > I'd be keen to apply as I'm mostly restricted to day walks at the moment due to young kids keeping me housebound. However it is summer in Australia so not a lot of snow!! Is here value in testing in the non-winter to show full 4 season functionality??
          >
          > If you think Yes then let me know and I'll shoot in an application.
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > Jamie
          > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "richardglyon@" <montana.angler@> wrote:
          > >
          > > To join a few good women, several of whom have applied for the Gregory Targhee day pack. Call closes Wednesday at midnight PDT, details below
          > >
          > > Cheers, Richard
          > >
          > > Not until you have this sweet day and ski pack from our friends at Gregory. It's
          > > even named after the resort with the most powder in the Lower 48!
          > >
          > > BackpackGearTest.org and Gregory are excited to offer three lucky testers the
          > > chance to test the new Targhee 32. Read about it here: Info:
          > > http://gregorypacks.com/GM364_cfg.html?dwvar_GM364__cfg_gmp_color=obsidian_black\
          > > #start=5
          > >
          > > Details: Three-report test. Newbie limit does NOT apply. U S and Canadian
          > > shipping included. Unisex product, applications from either gender welcome. As
          > > this is a day pack, overnight use is NOT required. Use when on skis is
          > > encouraged but not mandatory.
          > >
          > > Richard is the Test Manager. PLEASE send a copy of your application directly to
          > > me at Montana DOT angler AT gmail DOT com as well as posting to the list.
          > >
          > > Test call closes midnight PST (GMT-8) on Wednesday, December 4.
          > >
          > > Rules for your BRIEF application:
          > >
          > > Subject line: "Application – Gregory Targhee - <your name>"
          > >
          > > Include:
          > >
          > > 1. Opening disclaimer for testing
          > > 2. Brief personal bio
          > > 3. Brief test plan, including venues and anticipated trail conditions. Snow use
          > > will earn you a brownie point.
          > > 4. Link to your previous tests/ORs (summary page) AND number of ORs in
          > > the last 12 months not including your qualifying ORs
          > > 5. Your current test load, AND a link to your test status page
          > > 6. Any other pending applications. If before this call closes you apply for
          > > anything subsequently to your Gregory app, please send me an email offlist
          > > noting the new app.
          > > 7. Any additional BGT roles (mentor, monitor, editor, etc.)
          > >
          > > Good luck! And, to U S applicants, Happy Thanksgiving!

        • david wilkes
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 4, 2013
            For what it is worth this looks to be almost identical to the packs they sell through the national ski patrol for ski patrolers to use. I know many fellow patrolers who have them and love them. I would have purchased one myself but if I spend one more dime on skiing my wife is going to kill me.

            Dave