Application - Montane Flux - Alex Legg

  • alexlegg2
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2013

      Please accept my application to test the Montane Flux.  I have read and understand the entire BackpackGearTest.org Bylaws v0609 including Chapter 5.  I agree to comply with all requirements.  My signed tester agreement is on file.

      Tester Information:

      Name:  Alex Legg

      Age:  30

      Gender:  Male

      Height:  6'4" (1.9 m)

      Weight:  195 lb (88 kg)

      Email address:  alexlegg2 AT yahoo DOT com

      City, State, Country:  Lyons, Colorado, USA

      I have backpacked extensively throughout the southwestern United States my entire life.  I prefer a lightweight approach using tarp tents and trail shoes so that I can save my strength for clocking miles.   I hike on average 4 m daily from my back door and also enjoy trips up to 5 days in the backcountry.  I encounter elevation from 5,000 ft to 14,000 ft and temperatures from below 0 F to 90 F.

      Test Plan:

      I will be in Colorado the entire testing period braving my first Rocky Mountain Winter in years.  I plan on taking numerous snow shoeing and backpacking trips in to the snow filled National Park this winter.  I also plan on taking on my first ice climbing challenges in a number of years.  This is going to be an exciting winter!  I will be experiencing cold temperatures with strong winds and lots of precipitation.  This jacket fits my backpacking style by being a lightweight and easily packed jacket.  I also love how climbing compatible it appears to be.  I look forward to reporting back on just how capable this jacket is in the ever changing mountain terrain and Colorado weather.

      Current Test Load:  La Sportiva GTX Boots (FR Stage), Optic Nerve Sunglasses (FR Stage), Platypus Sprinter Daypack (FR Stage), Deuter Act Lite 65+10 Pack (FR Stage), Energizer 2 in 1 Light (IR Awaiting Edits), Selk Bag Patagon (IR Stage).

      Tester status page:  http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1896.htm

      Owner Reviews in past year:  13

      Link to reviews/tests:  http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/alexlegg

      Outstanding applications:  SmartWool Socks

      Additional BGT roles:  None at this time.

      Thank you for the consideration!