Application - SmartWool Heavy Crew - Alex Legg

  • alexlegg2
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2013

      Please accept my application to test the SmartWool Heavy Crew.  I have read and understand the entire BackpackGearTest.org Bylaws v0609 including Chapter 5.  I agree to comply with all requirements.  My signed tester agreement is on file.

      Tester Information:

      Name:  Alex Legg

      Age:  30

      Gender:  Male

      Height:  6'4" (1.9 m)

      Weight:  195 lb (88 kg)

      Email address:  alexlegg2 AT yahoo DOT com

      City, State, Country:  Lyons, Colorado, USA

      I have backpacked extensively throughout the southwestern United States my entire life.  I prefer a lightweight approach using tarp tents and trail shoes so that I can save my strength for clocking miles.   I hike on average 4 m daily from my back door and also enjoy trips up to 5 days in the backcountry.  I encounter elevation from 5,000 ft to 14,000 ft and temperatures from below 0 F to 90 F.

      Test Plan:

      I will be braving my first full Rocky Mountain winter in years during this reviewing period.  I plan on getting into the hills as much as possible even though numerous roads leading into the backcountry have been washed out in our recent flood.  I plan on taking multiple snow shoe excursions into Rocky Mountain National Park where I will stay one to three nights at a time if.

      When not in the backcountry, I will be walking around in the cold Colorado winter air.  I will report back on the warmth of these socks as well as the comfort and durability over continued use.  I have always had great luck with the SmartWool socks in the past, so I expect to have a fun testing period.

      Current Test Load:  La Sportiva GTX Boots (FR Stage), Optic Nerve Sunglasses (FR Stage), Platypus Sprinter Daypack (FR Stage), Deuter Act Lite 65+10 Pack (FR Stage), Energizer 2 in 1 Light (IR Awaiting Edits) (Selk Bag Patagon (IR aStage)

      Tester status page:  http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1896.htm

      Owner Reviews in past year:  13

      Link to reviews/tests:  http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/alexlegg

      Outstanding applications:  None at this time

      Additional BGT roles:  None at this time.

      Thank you for the consideration!