Application - MAGELLAN 350 H GPS - Mark Thompson

  • Mark Thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2013

      Please accept my application to test the Magellan 350 H GPS.  It would be great to test such a great unit right as hunting season begins!

      1. I have read the BackpackGearTest.org By-Laws (v. 0609) particularly Chapters
      4, 5 and 6 and I agree to abide by all rules and meet or exceed all
      requirements. My signed Tester Agreement is on file.

      2.  Tester information and bio:
      · Mark Thompson
      · 49
      · Male
      · 6’0” (1.8 m)
      · 180 lb (86.2 kg)
      · markthompson242 AT gmail dot com
      · Parker, Colorado, USA
      -At home in the Rockies, my near term goals include climbing the Colorado
      14'ers (40 down, 14 to go), increasing my climbing skill level (presently lead 5.7)
      and preparing for some high altitude climbs. I am presently leading as many
      back-country trips as possible and serving as a Senior Instructor for Basic
      Mountaineering school for the Colorado Mountain Club.

      3. So many plans, so little time :-)  but, here is what is on the list:
      - I need to get out and try to fill my freezer from what is provided in the wild, so many tasty options....
      - of course, this will always compete for my time for going after some more 14ers: Harvard, Columbia and Mt of the Holy Cross are next up
      - backpacking on the Colorado Trail
      - Snow is already hitting the high country and I awoke to a couple inches this morning, so plenty of snow and winter testing already available

      4.Current test load, AND a link to your test status page
      I am currently testing:
      Gregory Contour Backpack: FR due Oct 29
      Gerber Outrigger Knife: IR is awaiting edit

      5. none

      6. Outstanding applications: SmartWool Socks

      7. No any additional BGT roles

      Climb On!
      Mark