Application – Oboz Bridgers - Bob Dorenfeld

  • geartest7000
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2013
      Hi Richard,

      Please accept my application to test OBOZ Bridgers hiking boots.  I have read and understand the BackpackGearTest Bylaws

      v0609, including Chapter 5.  I agree to comply with all requirements.  My signed tester agreement is on file.

      Tester Bio:
      Name:  Bob Dorenfeld

      Age: 55

      Gender: Male

      Height: 5 ft 6 in (1.7 M)

      Weight: 135 lb (61 Kg)

      Email address: geartest(at)sageandspruce(at)net

      City, State, Country: Salida, Colorado, U.S.

      Date: October 6, 2013

      Backpacking Bio:
      I'm an active hiker, snowshoer, skier, backpacker, amateur geographer and naturalist. Home base is the Southern Colorado

      Rockies, where I usually journey from 7000 ft (2100 m) to above treeline, with occasional desert trips to lower altitudes. Six to

      12 miles (10 to 20 km) hiking in a day is my norm, including elevation change of as much as 4000 ft (1200 m) in a day. Most of

      my backpack trips are two or three nights, sometimes longer. Often I hike off-trail on challenging talus, snowfields, or willow

      brakes, with occasional bouldering.

      Brief Test Plan:
      I would test these boots for hiking and potentially for backpacking, after I see how sturdy they feel (I need the support of all-

      leather boots, which these are).  My daily mileage varies from 5-12 miles (8-19 km) roundtrip, on trails from easy and moderate

      tread to steep and difficult off-trail rocky, wet, snowy conditions.  We have all this diversity where I do most of my hiking in

      Southern Colorado,  across many ranges and Wilderness Areas.  There will of course be plenty of snow in late fall and winter

      for testing these boots while walking and snowshoeing.

      Link to Tester Page:
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/geartest7000

      Number of OR's in the past 12 months:
      6