TEST CALL - OBOZ Bridgers

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2013
      Great new full leather boots from my neighbors at OBOZ. Men's and women's versions; see information in the Oboz file on this group's site. So new they're not even on the manufacturer's web page yet. I've seen them and they look terrific. I expect a flood of applications!

      Details: Three-report test. Newbie limit does NOT apply. North American testers ONLY [no cross-shipping]. Shipping included.
      Richard is the Test Manager. Test call closes midnight PDT on Saturday, October 12.

      Rules for your BRIEF application:

      Subject line: "Application – Oboz Bridgers - <your name>"
      BE SURE to send a copy of your application directly to me at Montana DOT angler AT gmail DOT com as well as posting to the list.

      Include:

      1. Opening disclaimer for testing
      2. Brief personal bio
      3. Brief test plan, including backpacking venues, and anticipated trail conditions. Snow use would be a plus.
      4. Link to your previous tests/ORs (summary page) AND number of ORs in
      the last 12 months not including your qualifying ORs
      5. Your current test load, AND a link to your test status page
      6. Any other pending applications. If before this call closes you apply for anything subsequently to your Oboz app, please send me an email offlist noting the new app.
      7. Any additional BGT roles (mentor, monitor, editor, etc.)
    • never2muchstuff
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2013

        Richard,
        Pleaseaccept my application to test the OBOZ Bridgers!  I backpack almost exclusively in leather boots (of 246 mi total so far this year,186 mi in Zamberlain Civetta; 37 mi Vasque Sundowner. I would love to give these guys a good workout!

        1. I have read the BackpackGearTest.org By-Laws (v. 0609) particularly Chapters
        4, 5 and 6 and I agree to abide by all rules and meet or exceed all
        requirements. My signed Tester Agreement is on file.

        2. Male, 65, SF Bay Area, comfort backpacker, 67 nights out so far this year, mostly Sierras.

        3. Continuing excursions (lv tomorrow for 10-dayer) in Sierras; most likely in shorter jaunts as weather turns colder. Annual snow camping 3-day outings in Jan & Feb would anticipate deep snow. Between now and then, snow could be (should be!) at least sporadically possible.  Non-snow outings are often about 1/2 XC, 1/2 trail.  I would look for a sturdy sole to help keep the arthritic pinkies from rubble-suffer under a backpacking load; sturdy lateral support to help avoid ankle sprain; granite grip; breatheability/water resistance;
        overall comfort and evident durability.

        4. http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/never2muchstuff   5 reviews in last 12 months

        5. This would be my first test. I have no other roles in the group. Presently no other apps; though that could change in the next hour or so if I'm able to wallow through Marissa's bungling of the improved Yahoo.

        ---In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, <backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Great new full leather boots from my neighbors at OBOZ. Men's and women's versions; see information in the Oboz file on this group's site. So new they're not even on the manufacturer's web page yet. I've seen them and they look terrific. I expect a flood of applications!

        Details: Three-report test. Newbie limit does NOT apply. North American testers ONLY [no cross-shipping]. Shipping included.
        Richard is the Test Manager. Test call closes midnight PDT on Saturday, October 12.

        Rules for your BRIEF application:

        Subject line: "Application – Oboz Bridgers - <your name>"