RE: [backpackgeartesters] FR: NEMO - Harmony/Rhythm Sleeping Bag - Kurt Papke

  • Brett Haydin
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2013
      Kurt,

      First, I love the pictures.  I think it really lends a good understanding of where you are using the bag!  Second, html looks great.  Finally, I was hoping to hear a bit about the shape of the bag and if it made any kind of difference out in the field.  Perhaps you could comment on that some?  Or perhaps it wasn't noticeable?

      I have a few comments/edits for you to review, but then feel free to upload at will.  Don't forget to delete the test file, of course.

      I'm looking forward to reading your LTR in a couple months!

      -Brett

      <snip>
      The feature I really appreciated both nights was the pillow pocket - it was wonderful to stuff my fleece pullover in there and not chase it around all night long as it stayed in the same place in the bag.
      Comment: That is too funny about sleeping inside out.  I am picturing the fleece stuffed in the pillow pocket on the outside of the bag…

      <snip>
      I tried not to overplan on this trip, and things just ended up that way.
      Edit:  My spell checker doesn’t like “overplan.”  Perhaps just hyphenate it as “over-plan”?

      <snip>
      I returned the the Huachuca Mountains looking for a respite from the hot and humid Tucson monsoon season, only to run into rainstorms.
      EDIT: You have an extra “the” in there.

      <snip>
      Unlike sleeping on the ground, the cot allows cold night air to circulate underneath the sleeping bag, so the insulating ability of the bottom of the bag was a important as the top.
      EDIT: “as” important as the top…

      <snip>
      This was a hot summer weekend, and I wasn't at a high enough altitude to stress the Nemo bag's insulation qualities, but I spent a comfortable night in it nonetheless.
      Comment: I just realized while reading this statement that nowhere in the IR do you mention what the rating for the bag is.

      <snip>
      My Jetboil stove is next to it as a size reference.  This bag just does not compress down to a very small size.
      Edit: Sort of an edit.  In your summary you mention that it may have been difficult to pack in your backpack.  Was it on this trip?

      <snip>
      Bulky - its not easy to pack this bag in a smaller backpack designed for overnight use.
      EDIT: “it’s” is the correct use here.
    • Kurt Papke
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2013
        Shape: i used it mostly as a quilt during the summer months, so not
        too noticeable. Should have more to say in the LTR now that the
        weather is cooling down.

        Forgot to post an OOP until just now, so my edits will be a little
        late as i don't get back from Switzerland until Sunday and don't have
        access to the HTML on the road.

        Thanks!
        --kurt