EDITS: FR: La Sportiva Hyper Mid GTX boots- Nancy Griffith

  • thebootfitters
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 23, 2013
      Nancy,

      Just one suggested edit that I saw. Feel free to upload after you have addressed this item to your satisfaction.

      Kind regards,

      Christopher

      Comment
      > On the last two backpacking trips I also got some sort of itchy rash between my little toes.  This is a first for me so I'm not familiar with what it was but I have to think that the hot moist conditions that these boots create contributed to it.
      ---That doesn't sound like much fun. I've experienced similar symptoms a time or two in the past, but I couldn't tell you what caused it either.

      Comment
      > I usually wore the boots with light gaiters to keep the rocks and debris out.
      ---You're probably aware of this already, but the gaiters (even light ones) can decrease the effective breathability of the boots, since a lot of the "breathing" in a boot with a wp/b membrane actually happens out of the top opening of the boots. Gaiters can also retain some amount of heat that would otherwise escape. Of course, the trade-off to not wearing gaiters may not be worth it, as you point out in the next couple sentences.

      Edit
      > However, they don't breathe well at all and are too hot for summer hiking.
      ---I encourage you to insert some language to make it clear that this is your opinion based on your experience. Everyone has different experiences with waterproof/breathable footwear. Some people don't really mind them even in warmer weather. I think it is implied that this is your opinion rather than an objective statement of fact, but it would be good to clarify that this is your opinion.
    • Nancy Griffith
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 24, 2013
        Thanks Christopher.  I made a wording change as you suggested and uploaded.

        Best regards,