Re: Is anybody home?

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 22, 2013
      Kathy,

      This winter I'd really like to test an insulated WPB jacket, any Dri Down product, heavyweight wool socks, Avy gear, emergency overnight shelter, anything from Brooks Range. And if someone's invented a water bladder system guarantied not to freeze up, that too.

      The group would benefit from a winter tent, winter sleeping bag, and winter base layers. If you can get those, I'll call the Tests.

      Richard

      > What do you all want to test this winter? Who's up for boots? Who's
      > looking for backpacks? Please let me know.
      >

      > Comments?
      >

      > Kathy

    • karguo
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 23, 2013

        Hi Kathy,

        I would be interested in testing down jackets, hats, gloves, wool socks, 3 season tents. For backpacking gear, i use lighter weight gear as much as possible, so the weight of the item plays a role in what I apply for.

        Thanks!

        Kara

        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, <montana.angler@...> wrote:

        Kathy,

        This winter I'd really like to test an insulated WPB jacket, any Dri Down product, heavyweight wool socks, Avy gear, emergency overnight shelter, anything from Brooks Range. And if someone's invented a water bladder system guarantied not to freeze up, that too.

        The group would benefit from a winter tent, winter sleeping bag, and winter base layers. If you can get those, I'll call the Tests.

        Richard

        > What do you all want to test this winter? Who's up for boots? Who's
        > looking for backpacks? Please let me know.
        >

        > Comments?
        >

        > Kathy

      • Mark Thompson
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 26, 2013
          Okay, so I am a little crazy, but here goes.  My plans are to make a Mt McKinley attempt in 2015 which means that I will be doing some "lesser" climbs in the months to come, such as:
          - Mt Rainier's Liberty Ridge
          - Grand Teton
          - Mt Blanc
          - Kilimanjaro
          - Aconcagua

          Items I would like to test would be ones that have to potential to be taken on these expeditions, such as:
          - expedition tent
          - expedition backpack
          - expedition boots (plastics or similar)
          - down jacket (light weight, top shelf)

          Also, although a little outside our target market, the following toys would be fun:
          - Black Diamond carbon fiber Ice Tools
          - Ice Climbing crampons
          - climbing ropes

          The crazy one....