Attn David Anderson, webmaster: Question about HTML editors

  • geartest7000
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 20, 2013
      Hello David,

      Was wondering if you could answer a couple of questions about HTML for me....

       - I recently switched from Report Writer to Kompozer (formerly known as Nvu), and since it's mentioned in the Docs I assume that anything I do in that app is acceptable to the BGT site.  Is that correct?

      - How would I know if my HTML is unacceptable?  Is there a scanner I can run at home, or is there one on the BGT server?

      - Is there any BGT document that addresses HTML standards for the site?

      Although I'm not considering anything very out of the ordinary, I was thinking it'd be nice to know in advance if some HTML formatting/programming that I'm trying out would be verboten on our site.

      Thanks!
      ~Bob Dorenfeld
    • Kathy Waters
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 20, 2013

        Bob,

        David doesn’t generally read these postings.  I answered your questions, below.

        Kathy

        Was wondering if you could answer a couple of questions about HTML for me....

         - I recently switched from Report Writer to Kompozer (formerly known as Nvu), and since it's mentioned in the Docs I assume that anything I do in that app is acceptable to the BGT site.  Is that correct?

        *** There are other testers that use Kompoer.  It works just fine.

        - How would I know if my HTML is unacceptable?  Is there a scanner I can run at home, or is there one on the BGT server?

        ***  You can use the Test folder to upload any file to test to see how it looks and if it works ok.

        - Is there any BGT document that addresses HTML standards for the site?

        ***  Not really.  If you have a specific question, you can post it here or check with Ray Estrella, John Waters or me.

        Although I'm not considering anything very out of the ordinary, I was thinking it'd be nice to know in advance if some HTML formatting/programming that I'm trying out would be verboten on our site.

        *** If it’s not out of the ordinary, it’s probably acceptable, but if you have any questions about something, it’s probably better to ask first before investing a lot of time into something fancy that won’t work.

        Kathy

        Thanks!
        ~Bob Dorenfeld

      • Ralph Ditton
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 20, 2013
          Bob,

          I have used both NVU and Kompozer.

          NVU is now dead.

          Make sure that you download the Ø.8b3 version of Kompozer.

          The Ø.7.10 version is broken. It will not do text versions.

          Cheers

          Ralph