TEST APP – Goddess Garden sunscreen-Frances Penn

  • oldhikergirl
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2013
      Please accept my application to test the Goddess Garden Organics Natural Sunscreen SPF30. I have read the BGT By-Laws (v.0609) including Chapter 5 and will comply with all of the reporting terms and requirements. My signed tester agreement is on file.

      Biographical Information:
      Name: Frances Penn
      Age: 57
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
      Weight: 130 lb (61kg)
      Email Address: oldhikergirl AT yahoo DOT com
      Location: Costa Mesa, California, USA

      Date: September 14, 2013

      Backpacking background: I have been backpacking for six years mostly on long weekends in Southern California with one or two 5-day trips per year in the Sierras. My total daypack weight is usually 15 lb (7 kg) and my total backpack weight is usually 26-30 lb (13-14 kg) depending on the need for a bear canister. I converted to a tarp, bivy and quilt sleeping system this summer. I have experienced all night rain, hail, lightening, heavy winds, camping in snow, but mostly fair weather.

      Test plan:
      I will be backpacking most weekends in Big Bear area and Joshua Tree, California during the entire testing period. I have many trips planned, so I will have no problem meeting the minimum requirements. The weather is just starting to turn cool which makes me anxious for the snow to fall. I already have one snow camp trip planned and am in the process of planning more.

      I wear sunscreen on my face every day when I am outdoors. I will test the consistency, feel, effectiveness of protecting against sunburn. The organic ingredients should not create any allergic reaction and I will be watching for this.

      Current test load:
      Optimus Vega Stove, LTR due 10/15
      Osprey Viva 65 backpack, FR just posted, LTR due 10/1
      Optic Nerve Sunglasses, LTR due 11/12
      Energizer 2 in 1 LED Light, IR posted 8/27

      My tester status link: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1905.htm

      Owner Reviews: I have completed 4 in the last 12 months.

      Pending applications: Selk'bag Patagon sleep system

      I do not play any additional BGT roles.

      Thank you for your consideration!