TEST APP - SELK'BAG PATAGON SLEEP SYSTEM-Frances Penn

  • oldhikergirl
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14 8:00 PM
      Please accept my application to test the Selk'bag Patagon sleep system. I have read the BGT By-Laws (v.0609) including Chapter 5 and will comply with all of the reporting terms and requirements. My signed tester agreement is on file.

      Biographical Information:
      Name: Frances Penn
      Age: 57
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
      Weight: 130 lb (61kg)
      Email Address: oldhikergirl AT yahoo DOT com
      Location: Costa Mesa, California, USA

      Date: September 14, 2013

      Backpacking background: I have been backpacking for six years mostly on long weekends in Southern California with one or two 5-day trips per year in the Sierras. My total daypack weight is usually 15 lb (7 kg) and my total backpack weight is usually 26-30 lb (13-14 kg) depending on the need for a bear canister. I converted to a tarp, bivy and quilt sleeping system this summer. I have experienced all night rain, hail, lightening, heavy winds, camping in snow, but mostly fair weather.

      Test plan:
      I will be backpacking most weekends in Big Bear area and Joshua Tree, California during the entire testing period. I have many trips planned, so I will have no problem meeting the minimum requirements. The weather is just starting to turn cool which makes me anxious for the snow to fall. I already have one snow camp trip planned and am in the process of planning more.

      I look forward to testing the warmth, ease of movement during sleep and in camp, the booties, the convenience of entry and exit of the suit, sizing, feel of the material and the new KrekranĀ® insulation technology.

      I would need a size large due to my height.

      Current test load:
      Optimus Vega Stove, LTR due 10/15
      Osprey Viva 65 backpack, FR just posted, LTR due 10/1
      Optic Nerve Sunglasses, LTR due 11/12
      Energizer 2 in 1 LED Light, IR posted 8/27

      My tester status link: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1905.htm

      Owner Reviews: I have completed 4 in the last 12 months.

      Pending applications: None

      I do not play any additional BGT roles.

      Thank you for your consideration!