EDIT: La Sportiva Hyper MID GTX Boots - Alex Legg

  • thebootfitters
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 11, 2013
      Alex -- Edits are in the traditional EDIT/Edit/Comment format. Please upload once you have addressed the items below to your satisfaction. It may look like a lot, but really there are several comments and one repeating EDIT. Thanks!

      Christopher

      Comment
      ---I like your selection of photos. They really help the reader understand your use/experience with the boots in different environments, I think. They definitely appear to be getting some good use.

      Comment
      > I wore the La Sportiva boots the entire time...
      ---Even at night in your sleeping bag??? :-p (Just being silly. No need to change anything.)

      Comment
      > I experienced temperatures from 65 F down to 25 F (18 C down to -4 C).
      ---Wow! Temps are dropping pretty far for August. I guess anything can happen at 13K feet, right?

      EDIT
      > The comfort of the boots is great unless it gets hot outside, then the Gortex
      ---I can't recall for sure, but I believe I pointed this out in the initial report too. You have a few other instances below that I'll call out as EDITs as well. GORE-TEX should have an 'e' and be hyphenated. I think the registered trademark name also uses all caps, but unless a mod or someone else supersedes my judgment, I think that using lowercase letters after the initial 'G' is fine.

      EDIT
      > In all fairness I feel that I suspected this could happen with the Gortex boots.
      ---Again, Gore-tex. (And your suspicions are largely founded. It is certainly more common in many boots with w/b membranes.)

      EDIT
      > The Gortex is great at keeping water out of the boots.
      ---Gore-tex.

      EDIT
      > Wether it comes from the rain or I step into the river, I have not had any water
      ---Typo. Should be: "Whether"

      EDIT
      > The laces on the other had failed me pretty quickly.
      ---I suspect you intended to say "on the other _hand_", yes?

      Comment
      > I plan on discussing this issue with them before my Long Term Report is written.
      ---Before I read this line, I was going to suggest exactly this. Please do. And please be sure to post a follow up on this item.

      Edit
      > I would like to thank both La Sportiva and BackpackGearTest.org for the chance to test these cool boots!
      ---I am not sure how widely among the group this distinction is being promoted, but I do suggest using "review" in place of "test," since that is probably a more accurate term for the service we provide. Your call, though. Not a huge deal either way.
    • alexlegg2
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 25, 2013

        Thanks for these edits!  I guess I missed them in the list, but I got the corrections made now!