APPLICATION - Gerber Outrigger - Mark Thompson

  • Mark Thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2013
      Richard, Mike,
      Please accept my application to test the Gerber Outrigger!

      Applications to Include;

      1. I have read the BackpackGearTest.org By-Laws (v. 0609) particularly Chapters 4, 5 and 6 and I agree to abide by all rules and meet or exceed all requirements. My signed Tester
      Agreement is on file.

      2. Tester information and bio:
      · Mark Thompson
      · 49
      · Male
      · 6’0” (1.8 m)
      · 180 lb (86.2 kg)
      · markthompson242 AT gmail dot com
      · Parker, Colorado, USA
      -At home in the Rockies, my near term goals
      include climbing the Colorado 14'ers (38 down, 18 to go), increasing my climbing skill level
      (presently 5.7) and preparing for some high altitude climbs.  I am
      presently leading as many back-country trips as possibleand serving as a Senior Instructor for Basic Mountaineering school forthe
      Colorado Mountain Club.
      3.
      Test plan: I have several overnight trips planned
      in the coming months. My typical weekend of  “peak bagging” includes:
      * Packing into high camp
      * Camp overnight
      * Awake early, climb, summit, descend and pack out
      I plan to test the knife on my many upcoming autumn and winter back-country trips.

      4. I have 2 tests currently in process:
      - Helly Hansen Odin FastPack Jacket - LTR written/submitted, awaiting edit
      - Gregory Contour Backpack - in FR phase

      link to my test status:

      5. I have written 1 OR in the past 12 months.
      6. I have no other test applications outstanding 7. I am not filling any additional BGT roles
      8. Favorite Backpacking Meal: By far my favorite backpacking meal (no joke) is a T-Bone Steak and baked potato.  This may seem like a lot of work and a lot of weight but the truth is, it isn't too bad and the reward is well worth it.  This is the first night's dinner and I prepare the steak over an open fire, making a grill from twigs I have wrapped with aluminum foil.  I pre-cook the potato so all I need to do is heat it up in the fire.  Clean up is very easy - collect the aluminum foil and clean my dish and utensils.

      Thank you for considering my application.

      Best regards,

      Mark