EDIT IR Bushnell SolarWrap Mini--Rick D

  • campbretter
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 21, 2013
      Rick,

      Sorry for the delay in the edits. I'll be taking over as monitor for this series and it looks like you are excited to get out and use this. Glad to hear! I have a few edits for you to make and consider, but after you have made the changes you are free to upload to the folder here:

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Electronic%20Devices/Solar%20Chargers/Bushnell%20SolarWrap%20Mini/

      I'll use the standard conventions of
      EDIT: Must be changed
      Edit: suggested change, such as reword for clarity
      Comment: Just a comment.

      That's it... Here you go!

      <snip>
      TESTER INFORMATION
      FOOT SIZE US men's 11.5
      TORSO LENGTH 19.5 in (50 cm)
      EDIT: This information seems irrelevant for this test. Please remove.

      <snip>
      Photovoltaic panel area (measured): 35 inches sq (232 cm sq)
      EDIT: Please change "inches" to "in"

      <snip>
      Unlike my sad-sack, frequently broken double D-cell Ray-o-vac, today's lightweight LED headlamps are vastly more powerful and reliable and yet, they still need a battery and, depending on the amount it's used, either spares or field-recharging.
      Edit: I am not sure what you mean by sad-sack.

      <snip>
      The Mini ships with a USB-to-micro-USB connecting cable and instructions.
      EDIT: In the image that follows this sentence, the word "instructions" is misspelled.

      <snip>
      It's a plastic-covered cylinder with a micro-USP input connector and status light on one end and standard USB output connector on the other.
      EDIT: I think you mean "micro-USB"

      <snip>
      b>Charging the Mini: To charge the battery, either unroll and place the PV array in the sun or plug in the end cap USB "input" charging port.
      EDIT: You have a lingering piece of code "b>" at the start of the paragraph. Please remove it.

      <snip>
      Because the Mini does not indicate output charging status, one must rely on whatever indicator is on the target device itself to verify 1. charging is occurring and 2. when it's complete.
      EDIT: change "one" to "I" since our reports are supposed to be first hand experiences.
    • redbike64
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 22, 2013
        Thanks Brett, I very much appreciate your helping out with this test!

        Edits made and uploaded. FWIW the Report Writer automagically populates the html with all our stats, regardless of the item tested. I don't know of a workaround.

        FWIW "sad-sack" is a term we Olds use for an incompetent person and yes, I'm anthropomorphizing a flashlight here. ;-)

        Thanks again,

        Rick