Re: Bushnell BackTrack D-TOUR - Katie Montovan

  • R&S Caffin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2013
      Hi Katie

      > I posted my IR for the Bushnell BackTrack D-TOUR a few days ago, but had
      > been unable to successfully connect the GPS unit to my computer when I
      > wrote the IR. I note this in the report. I have since figured out that the
      > cord that they sent with the unit was defective and not recognized by my
      > computer. When I use a similar cord (for my camera) the tracked trips
      > upload easily and the program works beautifully. I have contacted the
      > manufacturer directly about this problem but wanted to see if I should
      > modify my IR to reflect this discovery, or if I should wait to hear back
      > from the manufacturer about their resolution for the problem and modify my
      > IR accordingly.
      Well, that is a reasonable Initial Report, and anyone else with the same
      faulty cable may experience the same problems Yes, of course it might be
      useful to update the IR, but that might take some time if you have to wait
      on the manufacturer, which would be undesirable.

      Perhaps, and this is only a suggestion, you could update the IR to just say
      that you found that the cable appeared faulty because using a different one
      made the system work. You could then put your experiences with the software
      and the manufacturer's response in the FR.

      Just a suggestion.
      Cheers
      Roger Caffin