Application - Deuter ACT Lite - Alex Legg

  • alex
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2013
      Hi,

      Please accept my application to test the Deuter ACT Lite. I have read and understand the entire BackpackGearTest.org Bylaws v0609 including Chapter 5. I agree to comply with all requirements. My signed tester agreement is on file.

      Tester Information:
      Name:  Alex Legg
      Age:  30
      Gender:  Male
      Height:  6'4" (1.9 m)
      Weight:  195 lb (88 kg)
      Shoe Size: 13 Mens
      Email address:  alexlegg2 AT yahoo DOT com
      City, State, Country:  Lyons, Colorado, USA

      I have backpacked extensively throughout the southwestern United States my entire life. I prefer a lightweight approach using tarp tents and trail shoes so that I can save my strength for clocking miles. I hike on average 4 m daily from my back door and also enjoy trips up to 5 days in the backcountry. I encounter elevation from 5,000 ft to 14,000 ft and temperatures from below 0 F to 90 F.

      Test Plan:

      I will be in the Rocky Mountains the entire testing period. I will be taking weekly overnight trips to one of three wilderness areas that are within thirty minutes of my house. I will also spend a lot of time backpacking in Rocky Mountain National Park on a regular basis. I will take this back pack from elevations above 14,000 ft and down to as low as 5,000 ft. During any month of the year, I could encounter snow, rain and cold temperatures.

      I will be carrying this pack on a few group overnight trips with young children who can not carry their belongings. I hope to fill this pack to capacity and report back on the comfort and support I feel while carrying a heavy load. I will have everything from cookware and food, to shelter and clothes, to baby food and diapers in the pack. I hope that the Deuter can pass the test!

      Current Test Load: La Sportiva GTX Boots (FR Stage), Optic Nerve Sunglasses (IR awaiting editing), Platypus SPrinter Daypack (IR Stage)
      Tester status page: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1896.htm
      Owner Reviews in past year: 13
      Link to reviews/tests: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/alexlegg
      Outstanding applications: REI Half Dome 2 Tent
      Additional BGT roles: None at this time.

      Thank you for the consideration!