Application: REI Flash Air Pad - Brian Hartman

  • Brian Hartman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22 6:26 PM
      Hello Kurt,
      1. Please accept my application to test the REI Flash Air Pad.
      2. DISCLAIMER
      I have read the BackpackGearTest Survival Guide, version 0609, including Chapters 4, 5 and 6, and I will follow all requirements. I have also completed the tester agreement and submitted it as required. I will have no difficulty meeting the minimum expected use requirements for this test.

      3. PERSONAL BIO
      Tester Bio
      Name: Brian Hartman
      Age: 45
      Gender: Male
      Height: 5' 9" (1.7 Meters)
      Weight: 145 Pounds (66 Kilograms)
      Email address: bhart1426 at yahoo dot com
      City, State, Country: Westfield, Indiana, U.S.
      4. BRIEF TEST PLAN:
      I have several multi-day backpacking trips planned to the Hoosier National Forest and Brown County during the next four months.  The terrain I will be hiking through is quite hilly and varies from thick forests to brush covered fields.  Nighttime temperatures in mid October are usually quite cool so I should have no problem testing how well this pad insulates in cold weather.  On my long hikes it will be very important to have a sleeping pad that is lightweight and packs small to save space in my backpack.  It should also be comfortable yet sturdy enough to survive pokes by sticks and acorns.  I'm excited about the opportunity to test the REI Flash Air Pad. Thank you for considering my application and thanks to REI for providing this sleeping pad for testing.
      5. Previous test reports: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/crazycamper
      Upload and post score: -1
      Owner reviews (last 12 months): 2
      6. CURRENT TEST LOAD: Optimus stove and Optic sunglasses
      STATUS PAGE: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1849.htm
      PREVIOUS TESTS / ORs
      7. APPLICATIONS UNDER CONSIDERATION – None
      Brian