Application: REI Flash Pad - Theresa Lawrence

  • Theresa Lawrence
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2013
      APPLICATION TO TEST REI FLASH AIR PAD

      Please accept my application to test the REI Flash Air Pad. I have read Chapter Five of the BackpackGearTest Survival Guide, version 0609, and I will follow all requirements. My signed BGT Agreement is on file.

      TESTER BIOGRAPHY

      Name: Theresa Lawrence
      Age: 35
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5 ft 8 in (173 cm)
      Weight: 125 lbs (57 kg)
      Email: theresa_newell AT yahoo DOT com
      Location: Sparwood, British Columbia, Canada
      Date: July 21, 2013

      I have more than 15 years of backpacking experience. Day hikes and 2-3 day backpacking trips take place on most weekends throughout the year while longer trips are only occasional. I backpack predominantly in mountain terrain (Coast Range, Cascades and Canadian Rockies) with the goal of summiting peaks. Activities I use my gear with include mountaineering, ski touring, rock climbing, kayaking, biking, trail running, Search and Rescue and overseas travel. I like my gear to be reasonably light, convenient and simple to use though I would not claim to be a lightweight hiker.

      TEST PLAN

      My backpacking agenda for the next 4 months primarily includes overnighting in the Rocky Mountains (for the purpose of summiting peaks) and a jaunt in the Scottish highlands.  August and September are usually fairly good weather, warm and dry in the mountains, but can be quite windy and could potentially snow. However, October and November will likely be wetter, colder and more uncomfortable backpacking conditions, but wouldn't keep me from putting this sleeping pad through it's paces especially to test it's warmth. I've got lots of weekends over the next 4 months to dedicate to this sleeping mat, so won't have any trouble meeting minimum requirements.

      PREVIOUSLY WRITTEN REPORTS

      Owner Reviews: 4 in the last year

      Current Tests:
      - Mpowerd Lucy Solar LED Lantern - LTR due Aug 1/13
      - Kindle Cook Box and Cafe - LTR due Aug 13/13
      - Artisan Nut Butter - LTR due Aug 27/13
      - Gregory Cairn 58 Bacpack - awaiting arrival

      Outstanding Applications: REI Half Dome 2 Tent

      Completed Reviews: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/theresa_lawrence

      Tester Status Page: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1909.htm

      I have no other BGT roles.

      Thank you for considering my application,