APPLICATION: REI Flash Sleeping Pad - Kathy Waters

  • Kathy Waters
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2013
      APPLICATION TO TEST REI FLASH SLEEPING PAD

      Please accept my humble application to test the REI Flash Sleeping Pad. I
      have read the requirements for being a tester and the reporting requirements
      and I AGREE to comply. I am familiar with the BGT Survival Guide v.0609,
      including Chapters 4 & 5 and my Tester Agreement is on file.

      Name: Kathleen Waters
      Age: 62
      Gender: Female
      Email address: Kathy at backpackgeartest.com or kathy at bysky dot com
      City, State, Country: Canon City, Colorado, USA

      BIO: Living in Colorado and being self-employed, I have ample opportunities
      to backpack. Though I have also had the good fortune to hike/snowshoe
      glaciers, rain forests, mountains and deserts in exotic locations,
      presently, most of my exploring is in the 700,000+ acres/280,000 hectares of
      public land bordering my 71-acre/29-hectare "backyard".

      My hiking style is comfortable. I use a tent (rain fly if needed) and my
      current pack averages 25 lb (11 kg) excluding food and water.

      TEST PLAN/CONDITIONS: I've got plans for at least one weekend (2-3 nights)
      overnight backpack for each month, through November (which is roughly the
      expected testing period),

      Most of my weekend forays will take place in south east to south central
      Colorado from the Front Range of the Rockies to the San Juans - conditions
      will be cold to mild to down right hot.

      Terrain will vary but will mostly be rocky high desert. While I might still
      encounter a tiny bit of snow, I doubt it and the forecast for rain this
      summer isn't too positive, so any moisture I test in will most likely be
      minimal.

      I've completed 7 Owner Reviews in the last 12 months, and should have at
      least 4 or 5 more by the time this test commences.

      I am currently testing the Nemo Women's Spoon Harmony 40 sleeping bag so
      testing a sleeping pad fits right in with that test. I am very interested
      to see if the REI Flash reduces my pack load (the Nemo Harmony packs HUGE!)
      and gives me better ground insulation (I froze last weekend on the Huron
      Peak Trail).

      I have no other applications outstanding.

      I am the SHE-RULER of BGT! No wait; actually, I'm BridGeT's total, mindless,
      soulless slave. But if you need to be technically correct about it, my BGT
      roles include: test monitor & Senior BGT Director.