TEST APP-REI Flash Insulated Air Pad-Frances Penn

  • fpenn@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2013
      Please accept my application to test the REI Flash Insulated Air Pad.
      I have read the BGT By-Laws (v.0609) including Chapter 5 and will comply with all of the reporting terms and requirements. My signed tester agreement is on file.

      Biographical Information:
      Name: Frances Penn
      Age: 56
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
      Weight: 130 lb (61kg)
      Torso size: 19-20 in
      Email Address: fpenn AT sbcglobal DOT net
      Location: Costa Mesa, California, USA

      Date: July 18, 2013

      Backpacking background: I have been backpacking for six years mostly on long weekends in Southern California with two or more 5-day trips per year in the Sierras. My total daypack weight is usually 15 lb (7 kg) and my total backpack weight is usually 28-30 lb (13-14 kg). I am a tent camper and have experienced all night rain, heavy winds, camping in snow, but mostly fair weather.

      TEST PLAN
      I have one 3-day backpack trip and one 7-day backpack trip planned to the Sierras and am in the process of planning more trips for the cooler weather. I will exceed the minimum requirements for testing.

      I currently use the older short version of the NeoAir pad, so I will have high expectations of this insulated pad. I am happy to test the longer version so my lower legs and feet can also be warm in the approaching cooler months. I will be paying special attention to the dual valve ease of operation, leaks and durability, the comfort and warmth provided during sleep time, the pack size, if the extra weight is worth it, and the noise factor. I currently use a quilt so I will be curious to see how that fits with this pad. It looks like I may have some extra pad area for my head/pillow to rest on which would be nice. I also like the bright green color.

      CURRENT TESTS
      Mountainsmith Carbonlite Trekking Poles, LTR due 7/30
      MPowerd Luci Solar Lantern, LTR due 8/1
      Helly Hansen Hybrid Pants, LTR due 8/27
      Optimus Vega Stove, FR due 8/13
      Osprey Viva backpack, FR due 7/30
      Optic Nerve Dedisse sunglasses, IR posted 7/8, LTR due 11/12

      My tester status link: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1905.htm

      All reports can be accessed here:
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/fpenntester

      Owner Reviews: I have completed 4 in the last 12 months.

      I have no other applications pending.

      I do not play any additional BGT roles.

      Thank you for considering my application.

      Frances Penn