IR - Carhartt Force Henley Tee - Mike Mosack

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7 12:17 AM
      Hi Kerri,
      Here is my IR on the Carhartt Force Henley T-shirt. Thank you in advance for your time and edits.
      Mike Mosack

      http://tinyurl.com/mrvu6p3

      TEXT VERSION -

      CARHARTT MEN'S FORCE™ HENLEY T-SHIRT
      TEST SERIES BY MIKE MOSACK
      IR
      July 05, 2013

      TESTER INFORMATION

      NAME: Mike Mosack
      EMAIL: mosack@...
      AGE: 49
      LOCATION: San Diego, California, USA
      GENDER: M
      HEIGHT: 6' 1" (1.85 m)
      WEIGHT: 240 lb (109.00 kg)

      I've been backpacking for over 30 years, doing solo and group trips, with and without kids. I do day trips, weekenders and week-long or longer trips throughout the year. I backpack in all climates and seasons and in various locations within the USA, to include my favorites being Yosemite and Sierra Nevada, California. I also have worked in Afghanistan for 4 years and rely on my backpacking equipment constantly. I go lighter whenever possible. Quality and reliability of items I carry are paramount to me over price and weight.

      INITIAL REPORT

      PRODUCT INFORMATION & SPECIFICATIONS

      Manufacturer: Carhartt <<IMAGE GOES HERE. ALT TEXT = "IMAGE 1" IMAGE CAPTION = "Image from Manufacturer's website">>
      Year of Manufacture: 2013
      Manufacturer's Website: <<HYPERLINK GOES HERE - "http://www.carhartt.com" LINK TEXT = "www.carhartt.com">>
      MSRP: $28.00 - $31.00
      Listed Weight: Not Listed
      Measured Weight: 9.45 oz (268 g) for size 2XLG

      Other details:
      Tested item: Size 2XLG regular, color is Moss Green.
      Only the short-sleeve version is available at this time
      Heather Grey, Moss (green), Navy (blue), and Crimson (red)
      Men's sizes available include: Small, Medium, Large, Extra large, and 2X large which are priced at $28.00.
      The 3X large and 4X large are priced at $31.00
      Made in Guatemala
      Material/Construction: 5.75 ounce (163 g), 65% cotton/35% polyester plaited jersey knit

      <<IMAGE GOES HERE. ALT TEXT = "IMAGE 2" IMAGE CAPTION = "Tag-less label">>
      The shirt is a relatively lightweight feeling fabric in a short-sleeve, relaxed fit, Henley style, with a three-button collar. There is a left-chest utility pocket sewn that also displays the Carhartt logo. The material is designed to wick away moisture and the manufacturer claims it has a stain-release "Stain Breaker ™ Technology" finish which is supposed to help it come clean with every wash. There is a tag-less label printed inside the rear of the collar area to reduce the possibility of chaffing which I like.
      <<IMAGE GOES HERE. ALT TEXT = "IMAGE 3" IMAGE CAPTION = "Left shoulder logo">>

      INITIAL IMPRESSIONS

      The shirt appears to be very well made. The material is soft to the touch and all seams are flat sewn. I wear an extra-extra large regular fit (2XLG) and this shirt fits me very well and is comfortable to wear. I seem to have a good range of motion without any binding in the armpit area. I will certainly test this out later as I plan to wear it during many upcoming outings with different types of activities.
      <<IMAGE GOES HERE. ALT TEXT = "IMAGE 4" IMAGE CAPTION = "Flat seams">>

      The manufacturer's site states clearly that this shirt, "is built for the long haul, not the long jog" and that it, "is made for workers and not athletes." I do not know how this will perform for backpacking, but I will be eager to find out.

      The website seems easy enough to navigate through. There is also a manufacturer's popup window requesting voluntary survey feedback on the customer's total experience using their site. The survey is conducted by an independent (3rd party) company and I have the opportunity to opt out. It is nice to know the manufacturer cares enough to seek input.

      READING THE INSTRUCTIONS

      I located washing instructions on a sewn tag, which was attached to an inside seam of the shirt. The standard care as listed, is to machine wash in cold water with like colors, non-chlorine bleach when needed and tumble-dry low temperature and no fabric softeners".

      There is a step-by-step listed return policy on the manufacturer's website which seems quite clear and easy to follow should one find that necessary.

      TRYING IT OUT

      Trying on the shirt, I found it to be quite comfortable. The fit is nice and I seem to have a good range of motion without any tightness or pinching. As I mentioned above, it is soft to the touch and I am eager to get started with this test.

      SUMMARY

      Well, this is a nice item to get to test. I will be curious to see how a work shirt by design will work for an active lifestyle, which according to the manufacturer states it is not intended for. I am very familiar with the Carhartt name and products, having owned many of their products in the past that have lasted for years of hard living. I have always been impressed by their quality and will report on what I find with this shirt.

      I would like to thank <<HYPERLINK GOES HERE - "http://www.carhartt.com" LINK TEXT = "Carhartt">> and <<HYPERLINK GOES HERE - "http://www.backpackgeartest.org" LINK TEXT = "BackpackGearTest.org">> for the opportunity to participate in testing this product.

      Copyright 2013. All rights reserved.