EDIT - Mountainsmith Red Rock 25 Backpack - Bob Sanders

  • Ralph Ditton
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2013
      Greetings Bob,
      For some reason your link to the test folder did not allow me to click on
      it. I had to highlight it and paste it in a new window to open.
      The next issue was that when I clicked on the "Field Report" heading it did
      not jump to that heading. It did zilch.
      Kindly have a look at your links.
      Having a bo peep at the report I can find no EDITS. However, a comment.
      There is always at least one. <g>
      Can you insert into your report what is a typical weight that you carry as I
      am intrigued by your comment that you have a blow under a tree and take your
      "Daisy Roots" (Boots) off for a time before resuming your hike.
      Either your feet get extremely hot whilst walking or that you are very
      protective of your feet and examine them for hot spots.
      You may wish to add a comment.
      Make sure that you delete your Test Copy version when you upload your Field
      Report.
      Look forward to some photos of the pack And you humping it in the LTR.
      See you in two months.
      Cheers
      Ralph

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2013
        Hi Ralph,

        Thanks for the review.

        My plan is for the LT report is to actually shoot a photo of the contents of my "normal" day hike gear next to the pack so folks can see what I carry and the volume of the gear. I will also weigh it and put that in the report.

        As far as sitting down and taking my shoes off, I started doing that when I was hiking the southern sections of the PCT where it was really hot. It really was a foot maintenance issue. Now I just do it because it feel good.

        All the best,

        Bob