Application - Tilley Mash-up - Mike Pearl

  • Mike Pearl
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2013
      Please accept my application to test the Tilley Mash-Up hat.

      1.  Disclaimer: I have read the BackpackGearTest Survival Guide v. 0609 and Bylaws v. 0609 and I agree to comply with all requirements and timetables. I have signed and submitted the Tester Agreement.

      2. Bio :  I have a great appreciation for the outdoors and get out at every opportunity.  I am a three-season backpacker and year round hiker.  I like to cover big distances while still taking in the views.  I have lightweight leanings but function and reliability are the priority.  I mostly travel woodland mountain terrain but enjoy hiking beautiful trails anywhere.

      Email: mikepearl36ATyahooDOTcom
      Age: 39
      Location: Hanover, New Hampshire, USA
      Gender: M
      Height: 5' 9" (1.75 m)
      Weight: 155 lb (70.30 kg)

      3. Test Plan: My lack of  natural head covering requires me to use a hat whenever outside.  I propose testing this hats abilities to provide shade and adequate ventilation.   The full brim design raises the question of fit in windy conditions.  The Tilley website suggest frequent washing.  I am curious how or if this will change the fit and shape or fabric and construction of the hat.

      During the testing period I will be hiking, camping and backpacking in New Hampshire and Vermont.  This will include four overnights.  If the test is underway before July 10th I will be day hiking a few trails in Acadia National Park in Maine during a three day, two night visit.  Locations traveled will range in elevation of 50 - 4000 ft (15 - 1200 m), average temperatures 50 - 90 F (10 - 32 C) and average precipitation of 5 in (12 cm).

      If selected I would prefer to test the THM6.

      4.  Current Test Load: NEMO Rhythm Sleeping Bag

            Link Test Status Page - http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1884.htm

      5.  Number of ORs in the last 12 months - Two
            Link Summary Page: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/mike%20pearl%c2%a0

      6. Other Pending Applications: Platypus Sprinter XT 25 Daypack

      7. BGT Roles: Monitor and Call Manager

      Thank you for your time in considering my application,
      Mike