Application - Tilley Mash-up - Mike Pearl
- Please accept my application to test the Tilley Mash-Up hat.
1. Disclaimer: I have read the BackpackGearTest Survival Guide v. 0609 and Bylaws v. 0609 and I agree to comply with all requirements and timetables. I have signed and submitted the Tester Agreement.
2. Bio : I have a great appreciation for the outdoors and get out at every opportunity. I am a three-season backpacker and year round hiker. I like to cover big distances while still taking in the views. I have lightweight leanings but function and reliability are the priority. I mostly travel woodland mountain terrain but enjoy hiking beautiful trails anywhere.
Location: Hanover, New Hampshire, USA
Height: 5' 9" (1.75 m)
Weight: 155 lb (70.30 kg)
3. Test Plan: My lack of natural head covering requires me to use a hat whenever outside. I propose testing this hats abilities to provide shade and adequate ventilation. The full brim design raises the question of fit in windy conditions. The Tilley website suggest frequent washing. I am curious how or if this will change the fit and shape or fabric and construction of the hat.
During the testing period I will be hiking, camping and backpacking in New Hampshire and Vermont. This will include four overnights. If the test is underway before July 10th I will be day hiking a few trails in Acadia National Park in Maine during a three day, two night visit. Locations traveled will range in elevation of 50 - 4000 ft (15 - 1200 m), average temperatures 50 - 90 F (10 - 32 C) and average precipitation of 5 in (12 cm).
If selected I would prefer to test the THM6.
4. Current Test Load: NEMO Rhythm Sleeping Bag
Link Test Status Page - http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1884.htm
5. Number of ORs in the last 12 months - Two
Link Summary Page: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/mike%20pearl%c2%a0
6. Other Pending Applications: Platypus Sprinter XT 25 Daypack
7. BGT Roles: Monitor and Call Manager
Thank you for your time in considering my application,